I like Kimmo a lot but...

pensuck

After Watching These Last 2 Games Without Him Makes Me Wonder...Is The D Better Off Without Him???

I knew this was going to come up.   The defense is absolutely not better w/out Kimmo.  In fact, he is still the best defenseman on this roster which shows you how mediocre this defense is.  

It's just a fluke we played decent games without him. His positioning is still top notch, his hockey sense is as keen as ever. Even older and much slower, he is still the man back there. His poise and grace under pressure cannot be matched.

It's just a fluke we played decent games without him. His positioning is still top notch, his hockey sense is as keen as ever. Even older and much slower, he is still the man back there. His poise and grace under pressure cannot be matched.

Well, not by anyone on our roster. And I'd appreciate him a lot more for less money.

I'd be willing to deal him at the deadline to a contender for the right price. But I wouldn't trade him just for the sake of it.

I knew this was going to come up.   The defense is absolutely not better w/out Kimmo.  In fact, he is still the best defenseman on this roster which shows you how mediocre this defense is.  

Agreed.  Kimo doesn't have the wheels anymore, but otherwise, he's very good in his own end.  He's still breaking up 2 on 1s and cross ice passes like it's child's play.

I want Grossmann out.  He's slower, less agile, and not an offensive threat whatsoever.  He's good in a 5/6 role, but I don't want to block the pipeline up from the AHL.  I like the warrior mentality, no complaining, no excuses, shot blocking machine - but he just isn't a top four guy.

To diverge a little, I want to keep Mesz and regularly play him in a top four role.  This is doubly important if Kimo does in fact retire.  I would want to see him paired with Coburn, which would produce a decently fast/agile top pair.  He is a better defenseman than was (sporadically) shown this season.