Raffl

brelic

How sweet was it to see Raffl score a crucial goal on a breakaway last night? Man, that kid deserved that for sure! He worked his butt off last night and was a threat every time he was out there.

I think what impresses me the most about Raffl is his puck control. He can shield it very well and keep the play alive. This guy is another gem that is underused on the 4th line, but I can understand why Berube has it that way for now. If you move him on the 3rd line - and I think a Read/Coots/Raffl line would be excellent - that means Downie goes to the 4th, and all of a sudden that 4th line is a much bigger liability out there. Would you trust Downie and Rinaldo when they get pinned in their zone? I wouldn't. 

I would guess that if they make the playoffs, Raffl will play more and more on the 3rd as the benches get shorter.

This player was a great find, and he brings a lot of tools and value to the Flyers.

@brelic  Kudos to Homer and the scouting staff for finding this little gem of a player. You can literally see him gaining confidence with each game, and more and more of his talent is being displayed because of it. The current version of Raffl has grown leaps and bounds from the November version, and he was never a slouch to begin with!  Gotta wonder what this guys upside is.

Yup!  Hard worker out there, always good to see.  its nice that he can be used all over the line up, but I would like to see if he could develop some chemistry with one of the centers, say.........................B. Schenn????

We talked about this in the chat box last night.  The Flyers HAVE to sign him (I understand his contract is up after this year, right?) and find a way to give him some meaningful ice time come next season.  He needs to at least cement his place on the third line, if not higher.  But that may be difficult.

Edited by Mad Dog

We talked about this in the chat box last night.  The Flyers HAVE to sign him (I understand his contract is up after this year, right?) and find a way to give him some meaningful ice time come next season.  He needs to at least cement his place on the third line, if not higher.  But that may be difficult.

He's up, but he's an RFA, so something should get done.  

How sweet was it to see Raffl score a crucial goal on a breakaway last night? Man, that kid deserved that for sure! He worked his butt off last night and was a threat every time he was out there.

I think what impresses me the most about Raffl is his puck control. He can shield it very well and keep the play alive. This guy is another gem that is underused on the 4th line, but I can understand why Berube has it that way for now. If you move him on the 3rd line - and I think a Read/Coots/Raffl line would be excellent - that means Downie goes to the 4th, and all of a sudden that 4th line is a much bigger liability out there. Would you trust Downie and Rinaldo when they get pinned in their zone? I wouldn't. 

I would guess that if they make the playoffs, Raffl will play more and more on the 3rd as the benches get shorter.

This player was a great find, and he brings a lot of tools and value to the Flyers.

He is playing really well, and I definitely want to resign him, but I can't say stuff like that until I get over the fear of him falling off the map. I need to see more than 1 season from him before I think he's another Leino, Dopita, or Thoresen. Love his play and definitely don't want him going anywhere, I just can't make any kind of final statements like that about guys like him.

I agree I want him playing with Read and Couturier on a regular basis.

Edited by fanaticV3.0

I just love Raffl. The guy must be the best conditioned player on the Flyers, he NEVER stops skating. He's always around the puck and constantly making smart plays. It's remarkable that he's adjusted to the NHL so quickly coming as he did from Sweden's second division. Teams win Cups with players like Read and Raffl.

• Like 1