Milbury makes an a## of himself again..

Polaris922

@B21

I watched the hit...  *I* think it ws a clean hit, albeit borderline clean.

The only problem I have is the league is just being true to themsleves and show very little consistency.  I hate to sound homerish on this, but I agree with FC - if Rinaldo makes this hit, he goes to the box and gets suspended for at least a game.  I have no doubt in my mind that what would happen.  Again, not so much problem with the hit itslef, but a big problem with inconsitency.  How teh hell are the players going to know what's leagal and what's not when the NHL calls it differently every damn time.

Agree on the hit but if this is turning into a "Poor Zack Rinaldo" thread then here is my $.02.   Rinaldo has been suspended once in his career for a hit in which he left his feet prior to contact and not only targeted the head but the head was also the primary and practically only point of contact. 

I'd say that when it comes to supplementary discipline, the league has been fair with Rinaldo.

F "principal point of contact", Orpik's shoulder never makes contact with Toews' shoulder period.

That being said, I don't think it was intentional.

Then how was Toews' left shoulder hurt? 

@flyercanuck

@flyerrod

That's funny! Lol.

A side note though, I'm starting to think Neal got chastised by the organization somewhere. Since his 5k fine for stupidity against Detroit, he's been very composed. Couple clean checks but very subdued compared to what we were growing to expect from him...

We can only hope....

Love these takes...

Mike Milbury went 146-160-45 as an NHL coach, was one of the worst general managers in sports history, and gets paid to say dumb things on TV. Joel Quenneville is the third-winningest coach in history, with two Stanley Cups in the last four seasons. Who do you want to cast your lot with?

It wasn’t even a dirty hit — the NHL won’t have a disciplinary hearing for Orpik. It was a dangerous hit, and a devastating hit, but it wasn’t dirty. Orpik didn’t leave his feet until after contact was made, and the principal point of contact was not Toews’ head. Had a Hawks player picked a fight with Orpik, fine, whatever. But Orpik hasn’t had a single fighting major in the last four seasons, so good luck getting him to drop the gloves.

I don't suppose you read any of the comments....It appears that the people from Chicago think as highly of their writers as the people of Philadelphia.

In the case of this article I'd say it just proves they have homer fans too that don't want to accept the facts of the hit.

I'd say it just proves they have homer fans too that don't want to accept the facts of the hit.

I hope that is not directed at me. I actually did not have issues with this hit with the exception of the injury it caused and thought that one of his team mates should have taken exception to it. Most hockey players still believe in an eye for an eye when it comes to an injury(legal hit or not) caused by an opposing team's player. Obviously not all, but most do.

I hope that is not directed at me. I actually did not have issues with this hit with the exception of the injury it caused and thought that one of his team mates should have taken exception to it. Most hockey players still believe in an eye for an eye when it comes to an injury(legal hit or not) caused by an opposing team's player. Obviously not all, but most do.

No it's 100% pointed at the Hawks fans that have issue with the hit.

My only disagreement with you is An eye for an eye means do unto them what they've done to you. In other words, they gave you a booming legal body check, so give them a booming legal body check back. That's an eye for an eye.

• Like 1

Even the Blackhawks broadcasers during the next Hawks game disagreed with Milbury's remarks. It's too bad that Toews got injured, but it was not the same as when Raffi Torres put that nasty hit on Hossa two years ago.

Thank you. That's hockey.