I'm gonna go ahead and get this out of the way now

Homer made those two trades. It was a big shakeup. That's why people still talk about it. Heck, they still talk about the Cups like they happened last year. And the Broad Street Bullies. Both of those are multiple decades removed.

We'll never know how Richards and Carter would have done in Philly had they not been traded. They could very well have won a Cup, or two. Or come close. Or fade quietly into the night after the 2010 pinnacle. 

1. I don't think anything the two of them do at night could be considered quiet.

2. How strange is it that the pinnacle of their Flyers career came during the same years as a .500 season and lucky/flukey comeback in the POs? Kind of defines that team imo. Talented, but not all there mentally.

Yeah but i can't say those guys are worst than Boucher/Leighton though....just can't.

But you can say that those teams v the Flyers were much more loaded than the Flyers (particularly the Detroit / Pitts teams). 

But you can say that those teams v the Flyers were much more loaded than the Flyers (particularly the Detroit / Pitts teams). 

Yes i won't argue that.

The 97 team was just a one line team with a not so great blueline. Hexy was a sieve.

The 2004 team was pretty solid just beat the eff up on the blueline...Roenick didn't help matter breaking Rico's arm with a miss placed check...friendly fire!!!!!!

The 2010 team was the best of them all depth wise but also may have been the weakest in net.

Don't lecture people over crystal balls when you were just polishing your own a few posts back with your "Philly looked good and I didn't like it" stuff.

The two have absolutely nothing to do with one another. The team looked good was a genuine appraisal if them and they WERE very good. I didn't like it because you're rivals, obviously.

Where I'd have been wrong would have been if I'd said "there's no way they'd have ever won a Cup" because that's impossible to know. And in my opinion complete BULLSHAT. I think that team would have won a Cup if a solid goalie were picked up. Didn't have to be great, just decent.

So maybe read what I said again if it helps. I think your perspective got defensive rather than analytical.