Chad Johnson, anyone?

Lunatic

The Bruins just signed Svedberg as their backup goalie for next year. That means that Chad Johnson will be a UFA. Although it has taken him awhile to mature, his last two years work has been impressive. At the right price, I think he would look good in O&B. He might even give Mason a run for his money. Competition is always good.

The Bruins just signed Svedberg as their backup goalie for next year. That means that Chad Johnson will be a UFA. Although it has taken him awhile to mature, his last two years work has been impressive. At the right price, I think he would look good in O&B. He might even give Mason a run for his money. Competition is always good.

Honestly he is my first choice.

Griess #2

Montoya #3

Honestly he is my first choice.

Griess #2

Montoya #3

Given that there are supposedly a plethora of goalies available, maybe we can get him for a couple or years, for  around a million each.

Given that there are supposedly a plethora of goalies available, maybe we can get him for a couple or years, for  around a million each.

No matter what i don't want Emery back...he is just to big a liability moving side to side and the Rangers exposed that in the playoffs.

Given, as you say, he has been impressive in his limited time recently, I have to think the reason the bruins let him go is so he can find a spot with a real chance to be a starter. Competition isn't always good, it can take the focus of where it needs to be. In other words, I think the opposing team is all the competition Mason needs. The Flyers need to find a backup who knows he's a backup. The Flyers have just found a solid guy in net, no upside to saying, "but maybe not....."

I was hoping Carter Hutton from Nashville was going to make it to free agency. Now that he's re-signed in Nashville, my hope is that Hextall looks at Montoya. Personally, I'd love to see the club acquire Martin Jones from Los Angeles because he could really challenge and push Mason for the better. As well, Jones would be good for at least 25 to 35 starts a year if need be.

HA...I thought this was gonna say Ocho Cinco was going to play LW on Giroux line  :rolleyes:

Johnson would be a good replacement for Emery and at his age not sure he'll get a lot of offers thrown at him with the flood of talent at goaltender that will be available so depending on the money and term he may get a shot at the backup position in Philly if he is on Hexy's radar and he would be better at pushing Mason than Emery was.

Griess and Montoya would be comfortable backing of Mason as well i think and affordable.