Rick Jeanorette diagnosed with throat cancer

Buffalo Rick

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=725117&navid=nhl:topheads

This is very concerning news to us Sabre fans.  We have always loved Rick.  They say 85 percent chance of recovery.  I sure hope he pulls through.  Its been pretty obvious he intends to call it quits soon.   But no this year.  He no longer makes the long road trips out west though.  I intend to write him directly

@sarsippius  Up here in Canada, we have a new way to save money on Cigarettes. There are native tribes that produce and sell smokes. Illegal of course, it's actually worse than murder, messing with the Gov't taxes...lol. They range from 15-20 bucks a carton....so I actually pay more for my morning coffee than my smoking habit....makes it hard to quit when the money is taken out of the equation.

@jammer2

I stopped smoking for 2 years once, first 30 days sucked but after I felt great. Then was having a shitty day at work one day, went out and bought a pack like a weak stupid idiot. I didn't really have a point to that story, just doing some public self-loathing

This should make me want to quit smoking.

Is it factual that his cancer is due to smoking?? I am pleading ignorance on this and without malice or insult (despite me hating the way he calls a hockey game)? 

If so, then perhaps you should. But how do we know who the higher power taps for this / that / or the other ailment? Certainly we can all take preventive measures. But I say eff it, when its your time, its your time (I say that with both of my parents dying from cancer, one smoking and the other not). 

Case in point Jim Fixx. 

I think the best thing is if you have a family, be the best you can to them- even if some of them you don't get along with, but mostly children. There is something uplifting about kids - especially if  they are your own, that all things will wash away and boil down to the moments of time we have to spend with those we love. 

That said, to Mr. Jeanerrette- God speed.