POLL: MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT IN SENATORS HISTORY

yave1964

most memorable moment in Sens history  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most memorable moment in Ottawa Senators history?

• THE YASHIN DEAL FOR CHARA/SPEZZA
    • 2006-07 STANLEY CUP FINALS APPEARANCE
    • ALFIE DESTROYS TUCKER, SCORES OT WINNER IN PLAYOFFS
    • ALFIE SCORES 1,00TH POINT WITH HAT TRICK
    • 02-03 PRESIDENTS TROPHY WITH 113 POINTS

THE GREATEST MOMENTS IN SENATORS HISTORY:

ALFIE SEPARATES TUCKER FROM PUCK, SEPARATES TUCKERS SHOULDER IN PROCESS

The Senators had developed a reputation (well earned) for great regular seasons and then getting killed by the Leafs in the postseason. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GHbj53fZx2Y

Just one more reason the Leafs hate Alfie to this day.

2006-07 THE SENATORS MAKE THEIR FIRST STANLEY CUP

Losing Chara to the Bruins in the off season put fear into an organization that had come so close for so long and then lost to the Leafs with alarming regularity. in 07 the Senators finally made it to the Stanley cup, finishing 4th in the East with 105 points, they knocked out the Penguins with ease in a 5 game series, then the Devils in 5 as well 2006-07_team_photo.jpg

before facing rival Buffalo in the conference final and knocking out the Presidents trophy winning Sabres to reach the clubs only finals where they ran into the Niedermayer boys and Chris Pronger.

The Senators were led by Heatley who scored 50 goals, Alfie and Spezza each had 87 points and Alfie carried the team in the posteason with 14 goals, and Ray Emery went 33-16-6. The team was a bit of a one trick pony as the top line of Heatley/Spezza/Alfie combined for 28 goals in the postseason, the rest of the team had an anemic 31.

02-03 squad wins presidents trophy with 113 points

220px-Ottawa_Senators_Presidents_Trophy_In my mind, the best Senators team, absolutely stacked from top to bottom. It started with Hossa and his 45 goals, Alfie chipped in 78 points. Redden and Chara manned the blue line, along with Volchenkov and Phillips. Forwards Todd White, Havlat, Radek Bonk, Spezza and Mike Fisher among others provided dynamic secondary scoring. Lalime played in 67 games in net, going 39-20-7. They walked over the league with a plus 81 goals differential. They made it to game 7 of the conference final before bowing out the the Devils.

ALFREDSSON SCORES 1,000TH POINT ON NIGHT WITH HAT TRICK

On October 22nd 2010 Alfie scored his 1,000th point in style, netting a hat trick in a game against the rival Sabres. A great way to do it for a classy player.

THE TRADE: ALEXEI YASHIN DEALT TO ISLANDERS FOR CHARA AND SPEZZA

Yashin drove Senators fans insane with his dynamic talent which seemed to erode come April every year and then he would want to renegotiate his deals most every offseason. He sat out the 99-00 season in a contract dispute and then after coming back for one year and wanting more money after disappearing in a first round exit in 00-01, the Sens had it, they dealt the Russian star to the Isles in the organizations greatest deal, acquiring future Hall of Famer Chara and the draft pick that turned into Jason Spezza. mQS0MdJlnZJMKH_YDOxNK0A.jpgSpezza may be Toronto bound by the end of his career as well. Yashin had his moments on the Island but he epitimized the role of the soft Russian and his pathetic 27 points in 48 playoff games for such a talented player helped cement his well earned reputation as a softy while none are more rugged than Chara and Spezza gives it all every night as well at a high level.

believe it or not I considered it but didn't want to come across as a homer, trying to kiss up to the Flyer base in here. Of course, you shouldn't mention 'homer' to flyer fans.....

Good point. I have been paying attention and I think its becoming more deluded regarding a Flyer centric board (which the founder never wanted). To not add that would be remiss IMO. And truth be told, it would add fodder to the topic regardless of fan base. 

that was both hilarious and disgraceful at once,  I can't remember what Hitch said after that, but i remember being pretty amused.

LeClair got roughed up but good in his bout, the beginning of the end for his back ?

I voted for the Finals appearance, but it was so tempting to vote for Alfie decking Tucker. Tucker had been such a pain in that series. Lol

Btw, @yave1964, I've been anxiously awaiting this "memorable moments" thread!

Thanks!!

The

Senators have always been one of my favorites in the East, They were so damn elite, I always used to think the Wings would face them in the finals some day, but something, usually the Leafs got in the way. For the life of me the Hossa, Alfie, Spezza, Chara, Redden, Phillips, Neil, White, Bonk clubs never won a cup is a mystery to me. Yeah, I know, Gerber and Lalime and the lack of netminding but the Wings won a couple of cups with Osgood, a very average netminder in place.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived