Capitals new Uni's for the Winter Classic

hf101

The Winter Classic uniforms have been released for the Caps.  

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2014/09/23/the-capitals-new-winter-classic-jersey/

The primary color for the Capitals’ NHL Winter Classic uniform is vintage deep red to symbolize hockey’s deep roots in Washington. The stripes on the shoulders, waist and legs bring in elements of Washington professional hockey jerseys from the 1930’s, predating the Capitals’ formation in the 1970s. A large “W” on the front of the jersey, offset in blue to contrast the white Capitals wordmark, offers a unique look never seen before on Capitals jerseys. A large “W” on the front of the jersey is offset in blue to contrast the white Capitals wordmark and features a silhouette of the Washington Monument, offering a unique look never seen before on Capitals jersey in franchise history.

Apparently this wasn't the design that was expected and fans aren't that enthused.  I dunno, I actually like them.

capitals-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
The Winter Classic uniforms have been released for the Caps.  

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2014/09/23/the-capitals-new-winter-classic-jersey/

Apparently this wasn't the design that was expected and fans aren't that enthused.  I dunno, I actually like them.

capitals-2.jpg

this is different I think this should do well if it is marketed correctly

Those uni's aren't bad....not sure I like the giant "W" across the front...almost as if it were there to get kids to make the "Wuhh" sound.... lmao..

But I DID like these older ones they experimented with some years ago....again, probably in the minority (I seem to like jerseys not many others do for some reason...hehe), but I thought these were neat if the team wanted to go with a 'different' look.

345.jpg

Those uni's aren't bad....not sure I like the giant "W" across the front...almost as if it were there to get kids to make the "Wuhh" sound.... lmao..

But I DID like these older ones they experimented with some years ago....again, probably in the minority (I seem to like jerseys not many others do for some reason...hehe), but I thought these were neat if the team wanted to go with a 'different' look.

345.jpg

for the sweater that you posted I like the white over the colored sweater. By chance have you heard on how the playoffs format will be structured for next season,since this is the second year of a two year setup?

for the sweater that you posted I like the white over the colored sweater. By chance have you heard on how the playoffs format will be structured for next season,since this is the second year of a two year setup?

No, sir, I do not know the playoff format for after this year...if there will be a change that is.

Knowing Gnome Bettman though, it will be something whimsical like teams that wear blue get first seedings, teams that wear red, second seedings, and so on and so forth till the entire field of 16 are filled out.

And if any teams are tied with the same colors, then a shoot out will determine who gets in.........  :cool[1]:

No, sir, I do not know the playoff format for after this year...if there will be a change that is.

Knowing Gnome Bettman though, it will be something whimsical like teams that wear blue get first seedings, teams that wear red, second seedings, and so on and so forth till the entire field of 16 are filled out.

And if any teams are tied with the same colors, then a shoot out will determine who gets in.........  :cool[1]:

thanks so much for the update! You're a sweetheart!

Archived