New Arena Enhancement at WFC

Poulin20

I just got this note from the Flyers that they send out to STHs before games called "Game Day Tips" that we get before games (usually on game days).  One thing they mentioned on there was an enhancement to the arena they said they made.

It seems that they have installed 25,000 new LED lights which will display "live stats on the corner boards" for the benefit of the players and fans.  I have no idea how this is going to work or what it is going to look like but be on the lookout for that on Thursday.

Thought you guys would find that amusing...I am interested to see it and how it will work.

@Poulin20

I thought they added brighter overhead lights?  At least I thought it was brighter overall.  I didn't notice the stats on the corner boards though, maybe that wasn't there for the preseason, or maybe they were and I didn't notice them. 

Parking also increased from $16 to $20.

@Poulin20

I thought they added brighter overhead lights?  At least I thought it was brighter overall.  I didn't notice the stats on the corner boards though, maybe that wasn't there for the preseason, or maybe they were and I didn't notice them. 

They might have...I didnt notice the brighter lighting.  They didnt have anything during the pre-season for sure on the corner boards.  This was the first I heard of it today.  They were probably keeping it under wraps.

I always park on a side street to avoid the cost and the post game traffic snarl.  It would not be worth it to me to pay an extra $20 a game honestly for the privilege of sitting in post game traffic

i think its the ice graphics ala what we saw in Montreal pre game..remember the kid with the torch.. the sixers are bragging abut that effect for there games why not the flyers 

Nah they would have told us that in the e-mail....if it is for stats that they players will be looking at, I dont think it would be coming up on the ice during the game.   

Nah they would have told us that in the e-mail....if it is for stats that they players will be looking at, I dont think it would be coming up on the ice during the game.   

here is what the sixers are getting for there games.(granted its cleveland) but the same 3d tech..I bet it will be used and has been kept quite as a surprise...watch the video in the link and I apologize its basketball http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/140903-projection-system

@Poulin20

Yup you were absolutely right about the brightness (I guess the pre-season game I went to didnt have that added in yet) you needed sunglasses in there!

I just got this note from the Flyers that they send out to STHs before games called "Game Day Tips" that we get before games (usually on game days).  One thing they mentioned on there was an enhancement to the arena they said they made.

It seems that they have installed 25,000 new LED lights which will display "live stats on the corner boards" for the benefit of the players and fans.  I have no idea how this is going to work or what it is going to look like but be on the lookout for that on Thursday.

Thought you guys would find that amusing...I am interested to see it and how it will work.

OK so they left out an important word in the Game day notes....it was not the corner boards but the corner SCOREboards (on top of  the main scoreboard) where the stats were being shown

OK so they left out an important word in the Game day notes....it was not the corner boards but the corner SCOREboards (on top of the main scoreboard) where the stats were being shown

Besides number of shots did you notice any other stats?  I didn't.  Maybe they could have posted Luke Schenn's   -5 

Or for that matter  Giroux's, Raffl's, Voracek's and Del Zotto's   -4

:confused[1]:

Besides number of shots did you notice any other stats?  I didn't.  Maybe they could have posted Luke Schenn's   -5 

Or for that matter  Giroux's, Raffl's, Voracek's and Del Zotto's   -4

:confused[1]:

Yes on top of the scoreboard on the corners the screens were cycling between Players on ice, Faceoffs won and lost, Team time on PP, ES, and SH, shots, faceoffs won and lost...etc

Archived