Giving the point to Detroit... Didn't learn from Dallas.

Polaris922

Why do the Pens seem to coast the last minutes of games they're ahead? Dallas scored two in under a minute to tie and win, now Detroit with two late to tie. The tying goal after dancing around an empty net and not getting a shot on it with repeated chances? Is it mindset? System? Stupidity? What gives? Where is the team that started the season??

Wow. I was seconds from turning it off and going upstairs in disgust when Zetterberg scored and I sat back down. Just wow. The Wings lose a lot of these games, nice to win one of these.

Wow. I was seconds from turning it off and going upstairs in disgust when Zetterberg scored and I sat back down. Just wow. The Wings lose a lot of these games, nice to win one of these.

Congrats Yave! Your boys really stepped it up the last few minutes, I just don't understand where mine went? It's like they just sit back and hope it ends or something. Greiss deserved better.

Congrats Yave! Your boys really stepped it up the last few minutes, I just don't understand where mine went? It's like they just sit back and hope it ends or something. Greiss deserved better.

Greiss was solid al night, I posted my own thoughts under the Wings and didn't mention the goalies in it, but yeah, Greiss was the reason the game was 3-1 until the collapse.

I mentioned I was not impressed with the Pens defense tonight, they seemed to just be there, Letang and Erhoff, hell i don't even know if I noticed them that much on either end. Maatta did score and Megna was a spark when he was on the ice, but overall the Penguins defense seemed to just be hanging back all night. Of course, when you are sitting on a two goal lead, you are supposed to sit back, don't make mistakes, stay in your own end and that might be what was happening. Every now and then something like tonight happens, it bites you in the rear, more often than not it is sound if boring hockey.

As I said in the shoutbox Pol... it doesn't seem like your forwards are all that interested in helping out with coverage in your own zone... especially when the other team is on a rush.  Last night especially, Malkin and Hornqvist both loafed it back on Bellemare's goal imo.

Still lots of games left to sort it out, but it looks like an issue to me that Johnston's going to have to address. 

Edit:  I guess it may just be the more 'skilled' guys not chipping in on defense b/c your PK looked strong against philly. 

As I said in the shoutbox Pol... it doesn't seem like your forwards are all that interested in helping out with coverage in your own zone... especially when the other team is on a rush.  Last night especially, Malkin and Hornqvist both loafed it back on Bellemare's goal imo.

Still lots of games left to sort it out, but it looks like an issue to me that Johnston's going to have to address. 

Edit:  I guess it may just be the more 'skilled' guys not chipping in on defense b/c your PK looked strong against philly. 

It's very frustrating to watch wins slip away, even early in the season.  I know they're adjusting to Johnston's system but drives me nuts.  I coach kids too, and we get on them pretty good when they stop skating and start watching.  I keep waiting for someone on the Pens to do it too.  

@Polaris922

I thought it was funny listening to Regis gloat over the sheer brilliance of Johnstons coaching genius while we watched the Pens NOT show up yet again against the Flyers...only with different line combinations.

They started off so well...  trashing the Ducks, then the Leafs... then holding Dallas without a goal till the last minutes of the game...  it's been pretty much a mess since, despite a win in between.  It's early I know, but I don't like what I'm seeing.  

I didn't even watch the OT.  Platoon was on.

Archived