Where art thou, Luke Schenn

caluso

I am not saying that Big Schenn is a great player but it is clear that the team misses him, especially on the PK.

Would I make that trade again? No way. But he is the type of d-man that every team needs: he hits, blocks shots, clears the porch and gives it his all.

But he is the type of d-man that every team needs: he hits, blocks shots, clears the porch and gives it his all.

Yes i agree to sometimes he does lose his responsibility to finish a check, but he gives it his all and when you remember his speed limits he is a good number 4-5 Dman............or  at least that is how i look at it.

One would think that having 8 *NHL defensemen on the roster they would at least be all playing with an all out effort.   Since MacDonald and Schenn could be back this week there will be soon - two healthy scratches.  Coburn obviously doesn't think he could be one of those two.  (and yes we don't know the health status of Del Zotto as he didn't return in the third period)  But at some point one would think we could be seeing d- men benched for lazy play.

could be seeing d- men benched for lazy play.

hf... one would think but I really dont get the sense that Berube, et al hold the players accountable.  Seriously, and I am not trying to kick the decaying horse here - if they were trying to hold players accountable RJ would have been benched a few games ago.   He is nothing more than an utter waste of a roster spot.   He is SLOWER than VLC for christ's sake!  How is that even possible?!?

there is no accountabilty or there has been none up to this point - I have no faith The Cheif will start now.

All I want is effort as a fan... give me a solid effort and if the opposing teams talent wins out in the end that is fine.  right now there is no effort. 

Not for nuthin', but Coburn is -4 since returning (plus all those goals against on the PK), and we've got a losing streak and our defense don't look so great. ANd Coburn is not even getting top pairing minutes. Granted, he has only played 5 games this year.

Del Zotto is even since Coburn came back.

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Not for nuthin', but Coburn is -4 since returning (plus all those goals against on the PK), and we've got a losing streak and our defense don't look so great. ANd Coburn is not even getting top pairing minutes. Granted, he has only played 5 games this year.

Coburn has been pretty bad since his return.  That goal last night by Nash was a perfect example of him being terrible.

Now I know you just didn't call out their best Dman.....oh no you didn't!

But, but but a lot of them were on the PK!! ;)

****Ninja*****

Now I know you just didn't call out their best Dman.....oh no you didn't!

But, but but a lot of them were on the PK!! ;)

****Ninja*****

Come on OR... give credit to Coburn where it is due.   At least he made a nice hit last night... unfortunately, it was on his own goaltender!

Archived