Brodeur Incentives

hf101

Of course he's motivated. He wants to get to 700 wins before he retires, and the Blues give him a good chance to do that. Every time people bury him he seems to find a little more in the tank. He really is a freak of nature like Jagr.

Money for every point produced while he is net? Wow...don't think I've ever heard of a clause like that in a contract.

So you KNOW he is screaming "TURTLE!" if his team is tied while he is in there and there is less than about 2 min or so left in the game....hehe.

I am sure he'd rather get the point than risk going for a win and possibly end up losing the game in regulation, no?  :P

Just kidding on that....I know Brodeur is a true competitor and wants the wins, for himself and his team...still though...an interesting thing to consider and watch for whenver Brodeur is backstopping a Blues team that may or may not go into OT...

700 wins for him will certainly be something though.

As if he needed any more reasons to be a shoe-in for the HOF, that 700 will be icing on the cake.

But hey, if something like that motivates the man to helping his team win, the Blues have to be liking that regardless.

What happens once the Blues have a full compliment of healthy goaltenders will be interesting to watch though...

700 wins is a ridiculous milestone if you think about it. He could end up with over 150 more wins than the next closest player. It'll be a long time until we see a goalie with that kind of consistency over such a long period of time again.

Since the Devils season is pretty much done, I'll be pulling for the Blues the rest of the way.

700 wins is a ridiculous milestone if you think about it. He could end up with over 150 more wins than the next closest player. It'll be a long time until we see a goalie with that kind of consistency over such a long period of time again.

Since the Devils season is pretty much done, I'll be pulling for the Blues the rest of the way.

I am not a blues fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I will admit, I was excited to see him in net playing so well and cheering every time he made a save.

• 2 weeks later...

Who knows, maybe he will play another decade and become the oldest goaltender to play in the NHl while reaching 800 wins  :P

• 2 weeks later...

Brodeur recorded his 125th shut out last night against Roy's Avalanche starting in a game where the Blues waived Magnus Paajarv to carry 3 goaltenders.  It will be interesting to see what the Blues do moving forward, but for now Marty earned another $20K  while he continues to make history in the record books.

“I’m enjoying every moment of it and whenever the decision will be made hopefully I’ll be the first to know and I’ll be happy or disappointed one way or the other,” said Brodeur, who has won three of the six games he has played for the Blues. “It’s been a great ride. 

“If that’s my last game that’s not a bad one to leave on, but I don’t feel it’s going to be. I’m happy to be here and I think they are pretty happy to have me around too.”

• 3 weeks later...

Archived