Shaking Flyer's Foundation: White or Rinaldo?

idahophilly

trap those varmits and trade them for some halibut!

I've posted this before, but for those who haven't seen it, some vintage Canadian comedy on one of Canada's great historical epochs, The Fur Trade:

He must have had to study to learn the language though, right?

True. Canadian, aka Hoserian, is an obscure and arcane lingua franca. He must be very intelligent Mr Hardwick to have picked it up as well as he had. Now he just needs to work on the accent.

I see no reason to have both Rinaldo and White on the roster. They would make 2 thirds of a very nice 4th line. First off, White is always near the top of the NHL in face off winning percentage. This would address a huge problem on the Flyers. Having a 4th line center who wins draws is vitally important, because almost all of their starts are in the defensive zone, so keeping the puck away from opponents in our own end, right off the draw would be a very nice perk to have in your back pocket.

I would love to see White in the O&B, he's been a favourite of mine for quite a while. Having said that, I would only want to see him if it did not take away playing time from Belly....who has worked hard and deserves his roster spot. Even with all the pluses that White would provide, it does not trump the pure offensive talent of Belly...who I think will get better with time as he adjusts to a quicker, deeper league and a new continent.

Archived