sidney crosby vs jaromir jagr

JagerMeister

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which Player's Career will be Greater?

2. 2. Who was the better player during their peak?

• Jagr
    • Crosby
    • Tie

That's a far cry from skating together. Every great point scorer was a power play guy with the best players on his team. League wide. So that's really irrelevant.

Jagr skated with Lemieux and Francis a lot. Thats a hall of fane line. That's a far cry from Crosby-Dupuis-Kunitz.

I agree with your earlier comments Crosby won't last as long as Jagr, so even healthy he'll be hard pressed. I also agree Crosby makes Kunitz and Dupuis better than they'd be without him. But disagree with Malkin being a big part of Crosby's points. Especially in comparison to true scoring lines.

Jagr has 5 art rosses, 4 of them was without lemieux. And in his early years Jagr was a third liner. besides 2000 i believe they were only together during the powerplay. Correct me if im wrong though.

Jagr has 5 art rosses, 4 of them was without lemieux. And in his early years Jagr was a third liner. besides 2000 i believe they were only together during the powerplay. Correct me if im wrong though.

I think you missed the context of that part of the thread. My point was Jagr had better players on his line than Crosby does in his early years. I wasn't taking anything away from Jagr's accomplishments, and in fact that's why I have him ahead of Hasek in the other thread as best European player.

Makes me smile to remember the Francis-Lemieux-Jagr line when they all had over 100 points and both Lemieux and Jagr both went over 60 goals!

92-93 Lemieux, Jagr and Stevens combined for over 365 points. And that with Stevens missing 10 games and Lemieux missing 22.

I think you missed the context of that part of the thread. My point was Jagr had better players on his line than Crosby does in his early years. I wasn't taking anything away from Jagr's accomplishments, and in fact that's why I have him ahead of Hasek in the other thread as best European player.

Makes me smile to remember the Francis-Lemieux-Jagr line when they all had over 100 points and both Lemieux and Jagr both went over 60 goals!

92-93 Lemieux, Jagr and Stevens combined for over 365 points. And that with Stevens missing 10 games and Lemieux missing 22.

alright, So Jagr was on the same line as lemieux in 1995? I thought they just put them together on the powerplay. But as i said, Haseks accomplishments are just as good, if not, better. it is extremely rare for a goaltender to win the Hart, and the hart seemes to have a bias for forwards. So Hasek winning 2 harts is an even greater accomplishment. 6 Vezinas as well and he won them against a prime roy and brodeur.

alright, So Jagr was on the same line as lemieux in 1995? I thought they just put them together on the powerplay. But as i said, Haseks accomplishments are just as good, if not, better. it is extremely rare for a goaltender to win the Hart, and the hart seemes to have a bias for forwards. So Hasek winning 2 harts is an even greater accomplishment. 6 Vezinas as well and he won them against a prime roy and brodeur.

Wrong thread for that discussion bud. Lol. But I'm following the other one as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Will crosby surpass jagr when his career is over. Or is he already the better player
I believe that Jagr is stronger than Crosby. Play making is about the same. Defense would go to Sid,though not by much. I would go with Crosby only because of age. This is only an opinion.

I believe that Jagr is stronger than Crosby. Play making is about the same. Defense would go to Sid,though not by much. I would go with Crosby only because of age. This is only an opinion.

Just about right, Jagr has the edge in goal scoring as well though, Sid is miles better defensively.

• 3 weeks later...

Crosby has the potential to pass him. But no, he is not the better player. Crosby also lost some of the most likely best years to injury., so i am doubtful he will ever pass him.

But even when Crosby was injured, he was always on pace for 100 points or more, for ten years!!! Jagr peaked higher offensively, but Crosby has put up consistent 100 point paces while being better defensively. As much as i hate giving credit to Crosby, as far as im concerned he is already the better player then Jagr has ever been. Imagine if not for inury, Crosby would bring home much more hardware. He would have 5 art rosses by now judging by leading the league in ppg. And to believe he is only 27!!!. Im convinced Crosby is the 3rd best center of all time and has the talent to be a top 10 player all time or maybe even top 5.

• 1 month later...

Uhh... Crosby is still in his peak years. Jury will remain out on this for awhile.

Crosby is in his prime, but he is no longer at his peak. Peak as far as im concerned, are your best years. Crosby's peak were his shortened seasons where he had amazing ppg's...obviously though, we wont know how that would have panned out throughout all 82 games.

Certainly no danger of any players in this generation ever getting into the top 10 in all time points. Jagr was the last one.

The way the game is played now, the best players will be lucky to get 1000 points in their career. :(

Crosby is in his prime, but he is no longer at his peak. Peak as far as im concerned, are your best years. Crosby's peak were his shortened seasons where he had amazing ppg's...obviously though, we wont know how that would have panned out throughout all 82 games.

We'll see after he has his surgery this off season. I seriously believe they screwed up with therapy this past summer, and he's battling a wrist injury right now. I can see it in his stick handling and his unwillingness to shoot.

Archived