Penguins General Discussion

And1

Roll the dice my friend. If nothing else you have a chance, you generate revenue for the team and the city, and we get a few more games to enjoy the team and sport we love before the long summer sets in. We all know only one team wins it all and even when playing great the odds are against it... But in the immortal words of Jim Carey... "So you're saying there's a chance"...
agreed and would LOVE to see the cup in Pittsburgh again unfortunately I have doubts. Let's hope I'm wrong! I actually want to be wrong!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you guys had a stud goalie like quick, i think your team will be just as good as the rangers, it's not the coaching,  it's the gm, his refusal to get rid of fleury is the reason why pittsburgh is always struggling. fleury is not a stud, he's been bad since you guys won the cup. you have a great talent of players, problem is the goal tending is your Achilles heel.

if you guys had a stud goalie like quick, i think your team will be just as good as the rangers, it's not the coaching, it's the gm, his refusal to get rid of fleury is the reason why pittsburgh is always struggling. fleury is not a stud, he's been bad since you guys won the cup. you have a great talent of players, problem is the goal tending is your Achilles heel.

Fleury was in talks for the Vezina until a few games ago. You clearly didn't watch any games this year. I'm hard on him when he deserves it, but this season he's been great.

Fleury was in talks for the Vezina until a few games ago. You clearly didn't watch any games Penguins this year. I'm hard on him when he deserves it, but this season he's been great.

Not all games have Fleury in net....

Since the conversation was about Fleury and the Pens, I try not to insult posters by repeating the obvious?

Yet it's just as insulting when you tell someone that they "clearly havent watched any games this year"...

Yet it's just as insulting when you tell someone that they "clearly havent watched any games this year"...

Telling a Flyers fan he hasn't watched Pens games this year?? Insulting? Not all fans watch other teams' seasons, especially a rival's. It's obviously true as well or he'd know Fleury has been one of the true bright spots for the Pens this year. Keep trying...

Telling a Flyers fan he hasn't watched Pens games this year?? Insulting? Not all fans watch other teams' seasons, especially a rival's. It's obviously true as well or he'd know Fleury has been one of the true bright spots for the Pens this year. Keep trying...

I misrepresented something you said, my bad "clearly havent watched any games this year" you were reffering to penguins games.. not NHL games in general, since you were talking about Penguins games...haha, stupidity on my part.... 

However, This is Fleury's career year, if we were talking about Fleury any other time between this year and the stanley cup win then what Briere said wouldn't be absolute rubbish...

I misrepresented something you said, my bad "clearly havent watched any games this year" you were reffering to penguins games.. not NHL games in general, since you were talking about Penguins games...haha, stupidity on my part....

However, This is Fleury's career year, if we were talking about Fleury any other time between this year and the stanley cup win then what Briere said wouldn't be absolute rubbish...

No worries bud. I'd agree Fleury has had some struggles in the playoffs in years past, but this year he's been good. Always is in the regular season.

The Pens made it amazing! Lets see if they could pull something out of the arse! I'm expecting the Rangers to defeat the Pens in 5 games! AGAIN HOPING TO BE WRONG! IMO IT DEPENDS ON WHICH FLEURY SHOWS UP?! I'm hoping for a fourth Stanley Cup in Pittsburgh this June!

The Pens made it amazing! Lets see if they could pull something out of the arse! I'm expecting the Rangers to defeat the Pens in 5 games! AGAIN HOPING TO BE WRONG! IMO IT DEPENDS ON WHICH FLEURY SHOWS UP?! I'm hoping for a fourth Stanley Cup in Pittsburgh this June!

This is going to have nothing to do with Fleury.  This is going to have everything to do with our blueliners.  We're a hot mess on defense. Letang will not be back.  Ehrhoff, if back, is going to be rusty.  Fleury doesn't need to play like he has all year, he's going to have to stand on his head for the whole playoffs.

This is going to have nothing to do with Fleury.  This is going to have everything to do with our blueliners.  We're a hot mess on defense. Letang will not be back.  Ehrhoff, if back, is going to be rusty.  Fleury doesn't need to play like he has all year, he's going to have to stand on his head for the whole playoffs.
Fleury's playoff performance is what's scares me the most especially with dressing five defenseman. Hopefully Erhoff won't be to rusty.

Erhoff would be six defensemen!

Depends also on Pouliot, I have no doubts they'll bring up either Dumoulin or Harrington to make sure that we have at least 7 healthy to start the playoffs. Poor Baby Pens are going to go into the playoffs shorthanded.

Depends also on Pouliot, I have no doubts they'll bring up either Dumoulin or Harrington to make sure that we have at least 7 healthy to start the playoffs. Poor Baby Pens are going to go into the playoffs shorthanded.

Good call.  Both called up.

Archived