Flyers violate CBA and get a fine!

Old School Hockey

Doesn't it seem odd one of the biggest pricks when comes to lockouts would violate the very system he locked the players out for? I've said it before and I'll say it again! The CBA has to be in place to protect the owners from themselves!

Hypocrites!!!

I think the Flyers who travel for games during the holiday season every year wanted to make a statement with intent to modify the current CBA.   They gladly will pay a fine to change the current CBA ruling for no travel on the 26th.

The CBA is in place to create equality throughout the league, however after a the Christmas break home teams playing on the 27th don't have to travel on game day but away teams do.  Therefore home teams coming out of a break have an advantage.   

Most teams don't travel on a game day and the rule in the CBA forces teams to prepare for game day differently than the norm.  

The CBA rule needs to be amended to allow team travel the evening prior to a game on the 27th.  

The CBA rule needs to be amended to allow team travel the evening prior to a game on the 27th.

Or instead of amendments, why not keep the 27th blank? No need to have games until the 28th. Gives players an extra day with family. 

I think the Flyers who travel for games during the holiday season every year wanted to make a statement with intent to modify the current CBA.   They gladly will pay a fine to change the current CBA ruling for no travel on the 26th.

The CBA is in place to create equality throughout the league, however after a the Christmas break home teams playing on the 27th don't have to travel on game day but away teams do.  Therefore home teams coming out of a break have an advantage.   

Most teams don't travel on a game day and the rule in the CBA forces teams to prepare for game day differently than the norm.  

You mean the same CBA the teams, owners and players already agreed to?  

Archived