Average annual costs to have kid play ice hockey?

FlyersFem

@

You can always go the used route on equipment. Theres nothing wrong with doing that and with how fast they grow, its usually in great shape. Tournaments get expensive because of travel/hotel/food so you could pass on those to start.

@

You can always go the used route on equipment. Theres nothing wrong with doing that and with how fast they grow, its usually in great shape. Tournaments get expensive because of travel/hotel/food so you could pass on those to start.

Sorry, changed username when noticed a Sarsippius on the boards. Wouldn't want the confusion.

Yeah you don't wanna be associated with that loser. Among other things, he/she is a Flyers fan ;)

Welcome

Sadly, minor hockey is wickedly expensive.  Most of us are very unhappy about that fact.

But, there are rewards.  Lifetime friendships, confidence gained from competition, the fun of the game,  a love that doesn't fade or die.

I have a grandson who has the advantage of a prep school education because of hockey.   My kids and grandchildren would have done fine in school, but their paths were greased a little because they were good at hockey.  

You raised a tough question, my friend.   

Archived