Another Record: 11 Straight Losses! Most in Franchise History!

WordsOfWisdom

This whole season is just one big gong show now.  But hey, at least I can say I lived through a record breaking part of Leafs history, and that's really the important thing! It's all about breaking records!

:thumbsu:

.......sigh..........  :confused[1]:

Watching the Leafs is like having sex with a 600 pound woman: On one hand you're a young healthy male that wants sex, but on the other hand, you know the experience is going to be so painful, so terrible, and so disgusting that you won't want to do it again anytime soon, and you'll feel ashamed when it's over. :blink[1]:

You know, I would have said "This is unbelievable"...but a quick check into Maple Leaf regular season history shows, this IS a normal part of their regular season!

That's right.

For whatever reason, for the last 3 or 4 seasons (even the one where they made the playoffs and found a way to snag defeat from the jaws of victory against the Bruins), the Leafs seemt to go into this swoon where they lose a bunch of key games (if not several in a row) right around Feb-March.

Do the players play such a tough, overly grinding type game that they lose steam by the time the late season comes around?

Does early season success for the goalies inflate their egos to the point where they think they CANT'T be beat...only to crash into reality because they've 'relaxed' a bit?

Is it in their heads already?? You know..."Man, we've played so well to this point...I SUUUURE HOPE we don't start losing games in Feb or March....dooohhhhh...we are..."

I don't know what to make of it.

All jokes aside, for all intents and purposes, when looking at the Maple Leafs rosters for the last few seasons, they have personnel that SHOULD be allowing them to not only compete for a playoff spot, but actually make it in, and possibly even win a series.

Seriously.

Not saying the Leafs are Cup contenders or should have been, but honestly, even with all the crap many NHL fans give certain players of theirs, the team HAS TALENT!

And they play like it....for a limited time anyways, and usually during the earlier parts of the season.....then the wheels inexplicably, come flipping flying off!

3-19 over their last 22 games THIS season..... holy hell!

You know, I would have said "This is unbelievable"...but a quick check into Maple Leaf regular season history shows, this IS a normal part of their regular season!

All jokes aside, for all intents and purposes, when looking at the Maple Leafs rosters for the last few seasons, they have personnel that SHOULD be allowing them to not only compete for a playoff spot, but actually make it in, and possibly even win a series.

Seriously.

3-19 over their last 22 games THIS season..... holy hell!

1. Agreed. Collapsing has become the new norm in Toronto.
  2. Perhaps it's a question of team chemistry. If the talent is good enough to get this team a playoff spot, and things are going this badly, and the team has been through three coaches now, then there have to be serious problems in the Leafs dressing room. ie: Strong factions/cliques forming, players looking for the next flight out of Toronto, etc. Or perhaps these players were just highly overrated.  :(

I've always been convinced that the Leafs were a "7 to 11" team even before the season started. Meaning if everything went right for them, their ceiling is 7th place in the East, but that they could finish as low as 11th.

The Leafs were expected to be one of those teams on the bubble, where it was going to be 50/50 whether they made the playoffs or not. And if they got in, nobody would have expected them to do anything in the playoffs other than win one round at best.

The hope was that 2013's playoff appearance was a stepping stone to bigger and better things to come, and that many consecutive playoff appearances would then follow with increasingly prolonged playoff runs. But this team has regressed, and to me, the players on it have regressed. I think Phaneuf's stock has fallen. Kessel is not as valuable as he was. Reimer gives the impression that his NHL career will be short. Bernier is good, but not good enough to bail this team out. Kadri doesn't appear to be an NHL calibre center. Franson shouldn't be a defencemen. etc......  Nobody on the Leafs is what anyone thought they would be.

How much longer until waffles will be thrown onto the ice??

Waffles are so 2012. I'd like to see every fan wear a brown bag on their head to the game.

You know what would be cool?  How about a fan throwing a classic cartoon style ACME TNT trigger box on the ice? The one with the T-bar that you push down and the cord that runs to the dynamite. (To signify "blow this thing up".)

:D

Waffles are so 2012. I'd like to see every fan wear a brown bag on their head to the game.

You know what would be cool?  How about a fan throwing a classic cartoon style ACME TNT trigger box on the ice? The one with the T-bar that you push down and the cord that runs to the dynamite. (To signify "blow this thing up".)

:D

I think waffles are so 2010 but who is counting ? :P   I do like the Wile E. Coyote TNT detonator idea.we would like to do that for the Flyers Defense or lack thereof but Hextall knows they suck and doesnt need the visual aid.

Archived