Nic Kubel: Next Gagne?

The Quigster

Aube-Kubel_DevCamp_1.jpg

I was just looking around at some the Flyer's prospects and noticed this kid has 62 points,with 28 being goals. Seems pretty impressive, I don't really know how to judge the minors,Cooter,Laughton,B Schenn,etc.. Maybe some of our Canadian members can tell us more? Podein,FlyerCanuck? 

I was just looking around at some the Flyer's prospects and noticed this kid has 62 points,with 28 being goals. Seems pretty impressive, I don't really know how to judge the minors,Cooter,Laughton,B Schenn,etc.. Maybe some of our Canadian members can tell us more? Podein,FlyerCanuck? 

Yeah, the Gagne comparison has some merit. Here's the scouting evaluation from Hockey's Future:

Talent Analysis

With great wheels and a motor that doesn't quit, Aube-Kubel's hard-working and high-energy style of play makes him a versatile addition to any lineup. Whether it is driving the net to create scoring chances or back-checking to prevent them, Aube-Kubel fits the blueprint of a player who can slot into many roles and situations at the next level. With his offensive talents still blossoming, it is hard to say what sort of player he will finally develop into, but he is sure to be the type of player that coaches love.

Future

Aube-Kubel attended Flyers' camp before returning to Val-d'Or for his third QMJHL season in 2014-15. With last season's leading scorer Anthony Mantha now in pro hockey, Aube-Kubel should play a larger role with a young Foreurs squad. Long-term he projects to being a strong two-way forward with some offensive ability.

He's rated 7.0C, which projects to :

7. Second-Line Forward/ No. 3-4 Defenseman / Journeyman No. 1 Goaltender – players not quite good enough to play on the top line or pairing on a regular basis, but still possessing enough talent to contribute offensively, defend with some authority, or competently play the goaltender's position for long stretches.

Defense: Filip Kuba, Christian Ehrhoff, Henrik Tallinder
Forward: Andy McDonald, Ryan Malone
Goaltender: Chris Mason, Dwayne Roloson, Mike Smith

The "C" means he could drop a few ranking:

C – May reach potential, could drop 2 ratings – has shown some flashes, but may ultimately not have what it takes to reach his potential. The potential rating is multiplied by 80 percent for depth chart purposes to show the uncertainty of a player reaching his potential.

In that case, he would end up being a 4th liner/fringe NHLer.

Is there any way to see these games in the US?

Hockeysteams.com has an assortment of different packages....every NHL, AHL, ECHL, OHL, WHL, QMJHL, KHL, Swedish Elite League, various Euro leagues....all for 100 bucks a year, or less for a smaller package.

Archived