Caps - Pens "Bench Brawl"

hf101

Kinda funny Wilson is under all that.  Apparently Holtby and Fleury calmly passed the puck back and forth to each other while waiting for the game to start during the bench brawl.  lol

A playoff series between these two teams could be a lot of fun to watch.  

@hf101

That was awesome.  It took a while to get things cleared up and then all of a sudden Wilson emerges from "somewhere" under the bench.

Pierre (aka - Regis) was right there. 

"And now Malkin and Ovechkin are yelling at each other in Russian!"

Sid wasn't really involved. Seek counseling for your obsession. ;)

I am pretty certain that the dig was aimed at Regis and his otherworldly worship of Crosby. Unless Sid has suddenly changed his name to "little Pierre" in some weird male bonding ritual with Pierre. :cool[1]:

Look at little Pierre between the benches. He has the "don't hurt my Sidney" look on his face.

Good thing it was not Rinaldo taking someone into/onto the bench as the 3rd guy....He would have received a 20 game suspension for that whereas the Pen offender got a 2 minute roughing call...........

I just saw the replays and was trying to figure out how Wilson( who I am no fan of) got called for roughing while he was tied up with Kunitz and then bulldozed onto the bench by Comeau. Both Latta and Comeau should have been penalized and were but why Wilson in this particular case? It seemed like it should have been an advantage/PP for the Caps at that point. I get that Wilson is no angel and pretty much the Caps version of Roussell (Stars) but still....

Good thing it was not Rinaldo taking someone into/onto the bench as the 3rd guy....He would have received a 20 game suspension for that whereas the Pen offender got a 2 minute roughing call...........

I just saw the replays and was trying to figure out how Wilson( who I am no fan of) got called for roughing while he was tied up with Kunitz and then bulldozed onto the bench by Comeau. Both Latta and Comeau should have been penalized and were but why Wilson in this particular case? It seemed like it should have been an advantage/PP for the Caps at that point. I get that Wilson is no angel and pretty much the Caps version of Roussell (Stars) but still....

Wilson rode Kunitz? Downie? to the boards well away from the puck. That scrum is what started it all. Wilson actually caused the whole thing.

Wilson rode Kunitz? Downie? to the boards well away from the puck. That scrum is what started it all. Wilson actually caused the whole thing.

How many times do we see players stay engaged after the puck is gone under the "finishing checks" model. Wilson was not chopping away but pretty much irritating Kunitz with chirping and staying engaged to the boards. Wilson is a punk, yes but did that give Comeau the right to be the 3rd man in taking Wilson into the Pens bench and not draw the extra penalty?

How many times do we see players stay engaged after the puck is gone under the "finishing checks" model. Wilson was not chopping away but pretty much irritating Kunitz with chirping and staying engaged to the boards. Wilson is a punk, yes but did that give Comeau the right to be the 3rd man in taking Wilson into the Pens bench and not draw the extra penalty?

There are "third men" in the majority if scrims in hockey. Not like Comeau came in with gloves off throwing punches. Just a lot if roughing around, which everyone involved got penalized for. How do you blame one guy as an instigator without a fight call? Just a lot of roughing around.

Archived