Gopher Alumni Leopold back in Minny

hf101

jackets-notes-11-16-art-gusv5g2j-1sharks

The Bluejackets traded Leopold to Minnesota for a fifth round pick and Justin Falk who apparently asked to be traded.  My guess this puts Dumba back to the 7th position, which isn't too shabby although I'm not a huge Leopold fan.  The move does add some depth to the blueline without giving up much in return.

I'll repeat my shoutbox post:

Justin Falk has potential.

He needs the right pairing guy, he needs to be pushed competitively.

Minnesota has a solid D-man core, so he wasn't going to get the playing time he needed with the big club....and playing in Iowa does nothing for him at this stage.

Todd Richards may be able to get more out of him than Mike Yeo.

Listening to one of Minnesota's sports shows during the noon, I understand Mike Yeo was yelling at Falk during a practice and told him to get off the ice.

Clearly, Mike Yeo has lost all patience with him....whether justified or not, I don't know.....but if that is true, Falk was pretty much done in Minny anyways.

Fresh start time....and in a place like Columbus where he can compete with other young defensemen for ice time.

If anyone in Columbus can get the nastiness in him to come out more often, he will make a fine addition to the Jackets.

Justin Falk played his best hockey when paired with Nate Prosser in Minnesota.

I called them the Bash Brothers...because together, they fed off each other and played a nasty, abrasive style of defense.

But since Yeo isn't a huge fan of Prosser's either (at least, it seems that way to me), they weren't going to get paired together for any longer than he felt was necessary.

Leopold over adds some veteran saavy to a Wild team looking to make the playoffs and run deep.

Dumba as the 7th man?

Could be...but I honestly think we are seeing Dumba grow right before our eyes.

Like I said, I don't think Yeo is a big fan of Prosser in general (though I certainly am!), so if anyone loses ice time first, it will probably be Prosser before Dumba, unfortunately.

Well, now...

That may lead to a glut of kids all over the NHL writing letters to have THEIR dads traded to the team where they are living...haha

Flyers fans immediately checked to see if VLC has kids...  ;)

Archived