Good article on "the tank"

Podein25

If this was a murder trial, we'd have the murder weapon, the fingerprints on it, video footage of the killing, 10,000 witnesses, and the killer admitting to the crime!

Perhaps those teams are all just insane (and therefore not guilty by reason of)? I mean, there's certainly lots of evidence for insanity in the Oilers front office.....

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL. Polaris, it's tanking!!! Come on dude! Looks like a duck. Quacks like a duck. Walks like a duck. It's a DUCK!!! :D

If this was a murder trial, we'd have the murder weapon, the fingerprints on it, video footage of the killing, 10,000 witnesses, and the killer admitting to the crime!

A murder trial still requires evidence and I don't see anything here that's different than any other sucky teams. Your Leafs would be right there with them if not for a good start to the season. So are they tanking? They have one more point than Buffalo in the last ten games, so by your reasoning your franchise is losing intentionally...

The simple point remains you say they're tanking but can't debate the facts of it. So where is your evidence?

Leafs are down 4-0 to the Oilers and the 1st is only half over. You really do have to try hard to do that so I'm thinking maybe they are indeed tanking.

And if tanking Edmonton wins they'll have gotten six points in their last ten games while the Leafs will be at 7.... Wow shame on those Oilers! ;)

Leafs are down 4-0 to the Oilers and the 1st is only half over. You really do have to try hard to do that so I'm thinking maybe they are indeed tanking.

The Oilers let them have this one because Arizona still holds the tie-breaker in wins.

If my tanking theory is correct, then Edmonton will not win another game this season until Arizona wins a game or until Buffalo has more points than Edmonton. Watch. :)

EDIT: And Buffalo will never allow themselves to have as many points as the 29th place team. Buffalo is finishing last.

The Toronto/Edmonton game was Maple Leafs magic at its finest. I was really disappointed when I noticed that the Oilers didn't pile on with more goals. I was hoping to see something memorable like 10-1 or 12-1 or something outstanding. The Leafs did finally move down to 26th in GAA though, so that's good stuff.

The Oilers let them have this one because Arizona still holds the tie-breaker in wins.

If my tanking theory is correct, then Edmonton will not win another game this season until Arizona wins a game or until Buffalo has more points than Edmonton. Watch. :)

EDIT: And Buffalo will never allow themselves to have as many points as the 29th place team. Buffalo is finishing last.

The Toronto/Edmonton game was Maple Leafs magic at its finest. I was really disappointed when I noticed that the Oilers didn't pile on with more goals. I was hoping to see something memorable like 10-1 or 12-1 or something outstanding. The Leafs did finally move down to 26th in GAA though, so that's good stuff.

Sorry bud you just can't win in this one. Lol.

If the NHL changes the draft system next year, would you agree that I'm right? :D

No. The NHL has a history of bad or inconsequential changes. Lol

You're just mad your team's tanking is fruitless because they had such a good start. ;)

No. The NHL has a history of bad or inconsequential changes. Lol

You're just mad your team's tanking is fruitless because they had such a good start. ;)

This is true. Maybe they can subscribe to the "blind squirrel" theory and get things right for once by flipping the draft probabilities upside down for next season. 9th place = best odds, 16th place = worst odds.

The Leafs are doing a wonderful job of tanking. It's quite an accomplishment to go from 6th place in the east in December to 15th in March. It's so hard to avoid picking up those pesky OT points along the way. LOL.  ;)

This is true. Maybe they can subscribe to the "blind squirrel" theory and get things right for once by flipping the draft probabilities upside down for next season. 9th place = best odds, 16th place = worst odds.

The Leafs are doing a wonderful job of tanking. It's quite an accomplishment to go from 6th place in the east in December to 15th in March. It's so hard to avoid picking up those pesky OT points along the way. LOL. ;)

I see them getting it right by leaving it as it is. Either way you and I will be spectators to the debacle I'm sure!

The Leafs are doing a wonderful job of tanking. It's quite an accomplishment to go from 6th place in the east in December to 15th in March. It's so hard to avoid picking up those pesky OT points along the way. LOL. ;)

You seem to be thinking that the complete collapse of the Leafs was intentional.

:ph34r:

You seem to be thinking that the complete collapse of the Leafs was intentional.

:ph34r:

It happened four years in a row. I now believe it's intentional -- in an effort to make for compelling story telling.  :ph34r:

In all honesty, I think they tried to win and failed (again). However, this year management took swift action leading up the trade deadline to make sure the team would bottom out rather than begin their usual late season run to 9th place. In previous years the team would have been kept intact and would have started winning games once eliminated.

Archived