Does anyone know what "Invision power Services" is on Leafs.com boards?

SamSlick

Hey all. I tried to log into one of my many hockey forums boards, but the one that I can't log into is on the Leafs.com board.

It comes up with a "we'll be right back" error and there is an "Invision Power Services" link. Then, if you want to log into your account, they want 30 dollars. Is this a scam or is MLSE now trying to suck more money out of us for the forum use?

Any info on this would be great. 

Thanks.

Hey all. I tried to log into one of my many hockey forums boards, but the one that I can't log into is on the Leafs.com board.

It comes up with a "we'll be right back" error and there is an "Invision Power Services" link. Then, if you want to log into your account, they want 30 dollars. Is this a scam or is MLSE now trying to suck more money out of us for the forum use?

Any info on this would be great. 

Thanks.

Last I heard was Phanuef and Kessel bought the Leafs board because they wanted to get paid if they were going to be insulted..... :ph34r:

P.S. I really don't have a clue but that sounded like as good a reason as any. :)

Anyway, Invision Power Services is a forum software that runs many sites including this one.   The NHL had (or maybe still has ) a private contract with IPS to put up forums on each of the team sites.  I noticed a couple of months ago the Flyers message boards were gone also.  So maybe they don't want to bother with them any more?  Which would be great for us here.   :)

As far as the $30 fee.  Yeah that is an application to the forum software that allows members to pay upfront to participate in the forums.  I guess maybe they hoping they will eliminate the trolling membership with posting a fee upfront?  I dunno, I haven't read anything.   I use a different application which allows members to donate to help support hosting fees if they wish for this site.  With a supporting membership members get a few extra perks.  

Anyway, Invision Power Services is a forum software that runs many sites including this one.   The NHL had (or maybe still has ) a private contract with IPS to put up forums on each of the team sites.  I noticed a couple of months ago the Flyers message boards were gone also.  So maybe they don't want to bother with them any more?  Which would be great for us here.   :)

As far as the $30 fee.  Yeah that is an application to the forum software that allows members to pay upfront to participate in the forums.  I guess maybe they hoping they will eliminate the trolling membership with posting a fee upfront?  I dunno, I haven't read anything.   I use a different application which allows members to donate to help support hosting fees if they wish for this site.  With a supporting membership members get a few extra perks.  

Thanks. I won't be paying any fee to post on a hockey forum. I am sure MLSE gets a percentage of that. Looks like you guys are stuck with me for awhile.  :) . I can't stand HF Boards. They are too clique'ish. Plus, the mods take sides in debates and if they don't like you, they just infract you. Anyway, glad to be here. 

Thanks. I won't be paying any fee to post on a hockey forum. I am sure MLSE gets a percentage of that. Looks like you guys are stuck with me for awhile.   :) . I can't stand HF Boards. They are too clique'ish. Plus, the mods take sides in debates and if they don't like you, they just infract you. Anyway, glad to be here.

I've been infracted once and it was no fun. ;)

I encourage you to become a Supporter - it's not really a "fee" to post, it just allows this place to be free of annoying pop-up ads and other crap you see over at HF Boards. I don't know how people put up with that stuff. 

Anyway, welcome. Say hi to Nova Scoita. I recently moved away from there and miss the halibut (and some of the people too!).

I've been infracted once and it was no fun. ;)

I encourage you to become a Supporter - it's not really a "fee" to post, it just allows this place to be free of annoying pop-up ads and other crap you see over at HF Boards. I don't know how people put up with that stuff. 

Anyway, welcome. Say hi to Nova Scoita. I recently moved away from there and miss the halibut (and some of the people too!).

Agreed. HF Boards is the worst hockey forum in the history of the world. It's a shame that it still shows up first on the Google search listings.  This site will be #1 someday.   :) 

Agreed. HF Boards is the worst hockey forum in the history of the world. It's a shame that it still shows up first on the Google search listings.  This site will be #1 someday.    :)

Well, it's good to see a lot of new posters lately. This place is genuinely welcoming. Considering it was founded by Flyers fans, that's an achievement nothing short of breathtaking.

Well, it's good to see a lot of new posters lately. This place is genuinely welcoming. Considering it was founded by Flyers fans, that's an achievement nothing short of breathtaking.

LOL. I guess that speaks to the fact that this forum was founded by knowledgeable hockey fans as opposed to a group of blithering idiots at the HF Boards.

(Don't mind me, I'm just taking the opportunity to get as many HF Boards slams in as possible.)  :D

(I'm just taking the opportunity to get as many HF Boards slams in as possible.)   :D

You know you're just increasing their Google metrics with each mention eh? (I have no idea if that is actually true, but it sounds like I know what I'm talking about).

Archived