Mike Ribiero sued for alleged sexual assault

yave1964

Should Ribiero face suspension while the lawsuit plays out  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ribiero face suspension while the lawsuit plays out?

• Yes-SEe Voynov, Slava
    • No, see Varlamav, Semyon
    • Let it play out in court
    • Being married to that nutbag is enough for anyone

http://article.wn.com/view/2015/03/06/Predators_Mike_Ribeiro_sued_for_alleged_sexual_assault_on_na/#
$_1.JPG
Nashville Predator GM David Poille gave Mike Ribiero his final chance in the NHL when he signed him this past offseason to a 1 year, 1 million dollar contract after Ribiero was released by Don Maloney and the Arizona Coyotes for 'serious behavioral issues' and frankly in spite of his talent, nobody seemed that keen on signing him.

I just read this weeks Sports Illustrated yesterday where Ribiero talked about how humbling it was for he and his wife Tamara to essentially be shut out in the cold by the NHL after his release, Poille spoke to Ribiero and to Tamara and told both of them that this was it, if he screwed up in any way that Poille was going to cut him and that at that point nobody would even consider picking him up.

Okay, the newest incident is not new, it actually dates back to 2012, when allegedly Ribiero raped his babysitter who had just graduated high school. She did not come forward immediately because of shame and fear according to statements and her attorney.
In the lawsuit it also alleges that Tamara Ribiero threatened the young woman if she spoke up, and she has been named in the lawsuit as well.

The Kardashian's of the hockey world.

So Poille whose team is in first place but on a five game losing streak has stated that, "Mike has indicated that the charge is without merit and is prepared to vigorously defend himself," the statement said. "We will allow the legal process to move forward without further comment."

Now Ribeiro leads Nashville with 40 assists, also ninth overall in the NHL going into Thursday. He leads the Predators' forwards averaging 18 minutes, 45 seconds of ice time and also is tied for first with 52 points. I am sure that has nothing at all to do with Poille standing behind his player. Nothing at all.

Stay tuned.........

The NHL has in some ways set the precedent with the Voynov decision.

If I'm the LA Kings, you're not going to easily explain to me why my season was thrown into turmoil while the Preds are skating away scot free on this one.

This was always a worry with the "suspend first, let the courts decide later" approach. I also have to believe that it played a role on when the lawsuit was filed.

THAT SAID, this is a civil suit and NOT a legal indictment so there is that straw for the league to cling to, should they want to.

So what i'm having trouble understanding is why are we reading he is just being sued and not arrested???? What gives?

The victim didn't file then and it's hard to get criminal evidence of a three year old rape.

Not at ALL diminishing the victim here, for the record.

For me, the timing is designed to hit Ribeiro where it hurts Most.

The victim didn't file then and it's hard to get criminal evidence of a three year old rape.

Not at ALL diminishing the victim here, for the record.

For me, the timing is designed to hit Ribeiro where it hurts Most.

Well i certainly don't take rape lightly and if guilty he should be punished.

I will withhold anything further on this till it plays out or i find further details.

But with that said i hate when women take advantage people more so the stars it seems to happen and ruin peoples careers without a second thought besides of what they can get out of it. Not saying in any way that is what she is doing, i hope it's not this is people's lives they are messing with.

We might not like it in all cases, but I think that  punishment should wait until the legal system decides guilt.  

Otherwise, why do we have courts?

Archived