Danick Martel

ZeZel25

Watched this kid in his first AHL game last night... SMALL, and I mean tiny. Kid was on the ice more then the puck. Not sure what the scouting report is/was when he was in junior but his ability to stay on his feet was brutal last night. 

With that being said, the defenseman for the Phantoms played what I thought was possibly the worst display of defensive ability as a unit I've seen in a while. No ability to move the puck, pass to the right people, willingness to take a hit to move the puck and clear a crease. Hagg,Lauridsen,Delisle,Alt,Pettersson and Comrie were down right terrible,  not impressive in the least. If this is what they are, NONE of them will be a steady player for the Flyers, Hagg and Alt included. Stolarz kept them in the game

One thing I noticed during the Carolina game was the size of the players compared to the Flyers. I am all for the Flyers acquiring new prospects,but the trend is a minimum of 6'/200 lbs on the current NHL rosters. Something that has really hurt the Flyers. I wish Martel the best!

Watched this kid in his first AHL game last night... SMALL, and I mean tiny. Kid was on the ice more then the puck. Not sure what the scouting report is/was when he was in junior but his ability to stay on his feet was brutal last night. 

With that being said, the defenseman for the Phantoms played what I thought was possibly the worst display of defensive ability as a unit I've seen in a while. No ability to move the puck, pass to the right people, willingness to take a hit to move the puck and clear a crease. Hagg,Lauridsen,Delisle,Alt,Pettersson and Comrie were down right terrible,  not impressive in the least. If this is what they are, NONE of them will be a steady player for the Flyers, Hagg and Alt included. Stolarz kept them in the game

Well i expect Terry Murray to follow Berube out the door as well he has done nothing down there with the talent he has and then to see him dressing the goon squad Mathers, Rosehill and Stortini well then their record doesn't surprise me....one goon in the lineup is way efficient 3 is just overkill and a waste of a roster spot.

Then to have Stolarz down there for development reasons and not play him just play mediocre Zepp 9 games straight is ridiculous.

It's time to restructure this whole club including the AHL with the NHL it needs it these recycled good ol boys just ain't making progress and enough is enough put their asses in the street.

Plus i would expect the Phantoms best effort they had been eliminated from the playoffs for over a week now so they are mostly just going through the motions with nothing to play for.

@OccamsRazor  3 friggin goons hogging up ice time....Zepp over Stolarz....what kind of a Mickey Mouse operation are they running down there?!?   WTF!!!  If I was a Phantom season ticket holder, I would demand my money back!!

Yep 3 friggin goons again now Stolarz finally played last night but they have been out the playoffs for over more than a week. Before last night Zepp played 9 straight games???

So why with nothing to play for or lose Stolarz should have gotten all the starts he is the guy with room to grow supposedly Zepp is what you get so why did Murray keep playing he pisses me off and i can't wait till they fir his ass too.

I wouldn't mind the Phantoms hiring Mark French (old Hershey Bears head coach won the Calder with him in 2010) to coach them or one of his assistants X-Flyer Joel Otto??? Hexy needs to start propping up a coach in waiting down there. Dave Lowry has me interested some i say. Phantoms need someone to give these kids some structure and support...Murray ain't doing it.

Unknown injury to Stolarz delaying the starts?

Nope for some reason Murray wants to start Zepp...i guess maybe i could understand when they were fighting for a playoff spot he thought Zepp had played better which he might...but once they were out the playoffs (no need to play Zepp 9 games straight) a week ago put Stolarz in the damn game let him fight through his growing pains and take his bumps and bruises.

Nothing is to gained anymore by playing Zepp....stupid Murray.

Nothing is to gained anymore by playing Zepp....stupid Murray.

Exactly, it was a nice story and all, but the Phantoms are in the business of supplying the Flyers with legit prospects...not 40 year old goalies....LOL!

Archived