Pens and Rangers series

notfondajane

@mojo1917   If the Pens can manage to stay out of the penalty box, my Pens in 5 games prediction could just come true. Any idea when the Pens injured d-men could come back....are some due back during this series.....or are they long term things....I have no idea, but I believe they are better than the Rags with just half of their regular defense is there...which is really something.

If for no other reason, the Pens need to stay out of the box so Crosby can play more than 16 mins per game. That has to move up to 19 or 20 if they want to make a long run.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Polaris922

Sure. As it was plenty of other times. But when it was Flyer fans doing it you laughed at them. I'm not disagreeing about the officiating...just have a big smile on my face everytime you complain about it. 

FC, sorry, but your statement does not make sense to me at all.  We laugh at Flyers fans no matter what. You really need to be more specific about things. :ph34r:

@Polaris922

Sure. As it was plenty of other times. But when it was Flyer fans doing it you laughed at them. I'm not disagreeing about the officiating...just have a big smile on my face everytime you complain about it. :)

The "it's because we wear orange" stuff will always make me laugh. Lol

1 of you 4 Pens fans has become a prolific complainer when it comes to officiating...which is about the same as the 250 Flyer fans on here doing it.  :thumbsu:

Your numbers are a tad off.  ;)  There are at least 8 of us now.

The "it's because we wear orange" stuff will always make me laugh. Lol

Who is led the league in PIM this year? Oh right. Steve Downie. By a lot. So much for the orange jersey theories.  ;)

@B21

So 2?

Math is still off.  :D

Edit: Put it this way - when posters in the Eagles section of Silly.com started calling out the Flyers fans for turning that section into an officiating bizzach fest, well....

Math is still off.  :D

Edit: Put it this way - when posters in the Eagles section of Silly.com started calling out the Flyers fans for turning that section into an officiating bizzach fest, well....

You go on Philly.com? And I used to respect your opinion.

Well, you got a much-needed split.  Stealing the game at MSG was just what the doctor ordered and your team really looked energized.  Crosby looked like Crosby everybody was waiting for.

I don't think the Pens would stand a chance if they were to come to Pittsburgh trailing two games to none.  Would be interesting how the Rangers respond now.  You don't really need to win both games at home, but if the Rangers lose Game 3, it will really be a huge blow to their confidence.

Well, you got a much-needed split.  Stealing the game at MSG was just what the doctor ordered and your team really looked energized.  Crosby looked like Crosby everybody was waiting for.

I don't think the Pens would stand a chance if they were to come to Pittsburgh trailing two games to none.  Would be interesting how the Rangers respond now.  You don't really need to win both games at home, but if the Rangers lose Game 3, it will really be a huge blow to their confidence.

I've always had hope... but now I don't feel like a fool for having it.  Let's see how they do tonight.  I'll be the guy in the Penguins sweater on TV.  

I've always had hope... but now I don't feel like a fool for having it.  Let's see how they do tonight.  I'll be the guy in the Penguins sweater on TV.  

Good luck.  Like I said, if your boys lose tonight, it won't be the end of the world. You need to get at least one of these 2 games as it would be pretty good to have a tie against NY after 4 games. 

What would be more important is HOW they play tonight.  You can ill-afford to come out flat.  Your crowd will be enrgized...

Good luck.  Like I said, if your boys lose tonight, it won't be the end of the world. You need to get at least one of these 2 games as it would be pretty good to have a tie against NY after 4 games. 

What would be more important is HOW they play tonight.  You can ill-afford to come out flat.  Your crowd will be enrgized...

Thanks I'm looking forward to it.  I offered my tickets to my sons but one can't go so I'm going after all.  Should be a lot of fun! 

Alright boys how do things look on TV? Both goals at the rink seem to have brought out a lot of blame on officiating again. Fans were shouting for holding up Sid in the offensive zone forcing the turnover that led to the first goal, then a missed hooking call obstructing Lapierre leading to the turnover resulting in Kreider's goal.

The Sid one looked like a hold but I didn't think the "hook" was much of an issue. How has it been on TV? You guys get replays! Lol

Strong away game by the Rangers. Pens seemed to be unprepared to play and decided to play in the last 15 minutes of the 3rd.  Obviously, this wasn't enough. Fleury kept the Pens in this game as long as he could.  If your team has any intention to win this series, they just need to show more passion and determination.

Strong away game by the Rangers. Pens seemed to be unprepared to play and decided to play in the last 15 minutes of the 3rd. Obviously, this wasn't enough. Fleury kept the Pens in this game as long as he could. If your team has any intention to win this series, they just need to show more passion and determination.

They seemed asleep the first two periods... I'm jumping back on the adversity theme .. Lol

Alright boys how do things look on TV? Both goals at the rink seem to have brought out a lot of blame on officiating again. Fans were shouting for holding up Sid in the offensive zone forcing the turnover that led to the first goal, then a missed hooking call obstructing Lapierre leading to the turnover resulting in Kreider's goal.

The Sid one looked like a hold but I didn't think the "hook" was much of an issue. How has it been on TV? You guys get replays! Lol

Pol, nothing wrong on the first goal, just a bad change.   The second could have been called hooking as Laps looked like he was going to win the race in, but they just aren't calling hooking this year.  The Rangers continued the play and scored. That one just sucked.

Without someone willing to shoot the puck from  the blueline, the Ranges are just concentrating on the forwards and keeping them to the outside.  The Pens look bad until the third when they played desperate and Lovejoy and Martin started to shoot the puck.   Funny, if you have to guard all 5 of the other opponents, it makes it harder on the defense. Who'd have guessed.

Archived