Hextall year-end presser - 2pm EST

brelic

I'll take it. One slow plodding Dman is enough on one blueline. So i want to keep Gudas because he is young and has a burable contract if need be.

So you mean trade Schenn and Grossmann?

If you could trade one of Schenn, Grossmann and MacDud, which one would it be?

If you could trade two of them... which ones?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MacDonald - assuming the returning contract wasn't also "negotiated" by Homer Simpson #homercoaster.

Both Schenn and GGrroossmmaannnn are entering the last year of their contracts,

MacDud™ and Schenn. I think the return on Schenn would be slightly higher (given his "potential") than Grossmann and I'd prefer Grossmann's "experience" over Schenn's "potential" (in a "one year" context).

I'm just not sure there would be a lot of willing partners, so it would probably end up being a bad return for us or overpayment just to get rid of the contract.

Completely agree with this. But "if" they could... :cool[1]:

I don't know why it would be hard. It's a perfectly cromulent contract that dozens of GMs were lining up - lining up - to give him. :ph34r:

So you mean trade Schenn and Grossmann?

I don't want to trade Schenn for the sake of just trading him but for the right piece back say for a legit LW for the 1st line maybe or a young Dman maybe.

But no i'd rather keep him and see what the next coach can do with. Because like other stated 50 points in an underachieving lineup after being flipped flopped all season combined with his pretty decent contract isn't that bad.

Guys i want traded for little to nothing in return are Nick, Mcdud, VLC, RJ and maybe Luke.

When AMac was on his game when we first picked him up, he was valuable. If he can get to that level he can be a wanted trade piece for someone needing a Dman for a deep push in the playoffs, if their 2nd or 3rd Dman goes down to injury.

Archived