Hextall year-end presser - 2pm EST

brelic

Anyone know what time the presser is at?

Philadelphia Flyers        ✔ @NHLFlyers
Keep an eye out for it on @periscopeco RT @Breizh_Flyers: Hi! any chance will you live stream Hexy's presser today on the flyers website?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping Hextall relieves Berube of his duties so Chief can pursue the now vacant GM position in Boston. Lol

We are more likely to hear that Berube has been reassigned to Special Assistant to the Traveling Secretary! :)

Hoping Hextall relieves Berube of his duties so Chief can pursue the now vacant GM position in Boston. Lol

We are more likely to hear that Berube has been reassigned to Special Assistant to the Traveling Secretary! :)

I'm going to get verbally assaulted for this, but watch the big dummy end up getting a contract extension. If he gets extended, we riot!!!!! lol

...or head microwave popcorn maker.

I'm going to get verbally assaulted for this, but watch the big dummy end up getting a contract extension. If he gets extended, we riot!!!!! lol

Then you KNOW Snider interfered.

I highly doubt Berube will be fired today.

Its just attention...they love it Hexy is going to give us the ol we'll look at everything/eveeyone and make the evauluations and do whay is best BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!

I watched it and it was nothing but lip service and bunk. 

No buyout for VLC

He would do the Hartnel for Bumberger over again

Berube is still their coach

No trading of younger players

Wants a sniper

Wants to upgrade the D

Well thanks for nuttin

Ron Hextall on Craig Berube: 'At this point he's our head coach' |(@CBSPhilly tweet)

At this point it's sunny out.

The Flyers seem to have recruited their Comms people from Albania or something. Truly awful.

Ron Hextall on Craig Berube: 'At this point he's our head coach' |(@CBSPhilly tweet)

I'm so glad Ronnie had to have a presser for that...but honestly i knew when i heard no definate rumor eitherway....it would be just a show...

Edit: Not that the Flyers have ever been media whores...

I didn't interpret this presser as "lip service" or a "show" at all.

He said he didn't make a decision on Berube yet. Don't you think if he wanted to keep the coach who still has remaining term on his contract, he would just say so? To me, Berube is as good as gone unless he can't find a suitable replacement.  

He's keeping his options open and will take the amount of time necessary to make sure it's a smart decision - whether it's Babcock, Tippett, Julien, MacLean, Boucher, or whomever. If all else fails, I would suspect that Berube is the fall back. This is a smart move because he won't be caught with no dance partner at the end, and having to just put some inferior stiff behind the bench because he fired the last guy. I believe this is a strategic, forward-thinking move. 

The rest of the stuff, none of it felt like lip service. It was argued and told with passion and conviction. This is not a man going through the motions. 

I didn't interpret this presser as "lip service" or a "show" at all.

He said he didn't make a decision on Berube yet. Don't you think if he wanted to keep the coach who still has remaining term on his contract, he would just say so? To me, Berube is as good as gone unless he can't find a suitable replacement.  

He's keeping his options open and will take the amount of time necessary to make sure it's a smart decision - whether it's Babcock, Tippett, Julien, MacLean, Boucher, or whomever. If all else fails, I would suspect that Berube is the fall back. This is a smart move because he won't be caught with no dance partner at the end, and having to just put some inferior stiff behind the bench because he fired the last guy. I believe this is a strategic, forward-thinking move. 

The rest of the stuff, none of it felt like lip service. It was argued and told with passion and conviction. This is not a man going through the motions. 

i think it makes sense because when they fired john stevens, they brought in peter that same day, so it's obvious when they fire a coach, they bring in someone right away because they already have that guy in place. it's telling me that hextall doesnt have his guy yet which is why berube is not fired yet otherwise hexy would have extended him.

Archived