• Canadiens in 4 (Sweep)
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7
    • Lightning in 4 (Sweep)
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

3.....2....1.....WAAAAAAAIIIITTTTTTT.....Kucherov GOAL....ha ha...I'd still turn the damn channel...sickening effort here!!  Like watching car wreck....curious to see how bad it can get....but know you should not be looking....ha ha!

Outside of Game 2, Montreal has outplayed Tampa. Plus, if I'm Ben Bishop, I do not like the goals I've given up. And was Subban really wrong in saying that Bishop had been sitting on a horseshoe? Habs hit 4 posts last game.If Montreal can take game 6 in Tampa, the Habs will finish the reverse sweep in game 7 back home. Tampa cannot compete with Montreal at even strength. If Montreal stays out of the box and plays like they have, history will be made.

Outside of Game 2, Montreal has outplayed Tampa. Plus, if I'm Ben Bishop, I do not like the goals I've given up. And was Subban really wrong in saying that Bishop had been sitting on a horseshoe? Habs hit 4 posts last game.If Montreal can take game 6 in Tampa, the Habs will finish the reverse sweep in game 7 back home. Tampa cannot compete with Montreal at even strength. If Montreal stays out of the box and plays like they have, history will be made.

Tampas got to be a little nervous about this next game. As for the history...anyone can come back down 3-0. Lets see you do it down 3-0 in game 7 as well. Then history will be made. Or at least equalled.  :D

Montreal with life in the series and the Bolts simply allowing it by not playing with killer instinct.

I think the Bolts still win the series (they'd BETTER!).....but even if they do, unless there is a dramatic turnaround in overall attitude and urgency, either the Rangers or Caps beat them in the ECF.

Even being swept, the Minnesota Wild played with the utmost urgency...as did the Hawks who beat them.
I may be off, but this Lightning team seems to play as if the series is already in the bag.

Bolts need to come out in Game 6 as if they are the ones behind. Play like demons, leave it all on the ice and worry about the next series if and when it comes.....and if the Bolts play like they can, it SHOULD come.

Luck involved in the last game or no, Tampa Bay is an overall better team talent, speed and depth-wise over Montreal...however, I WILL give the Habs their props in the goaltending department, and they KNOW how to play with desperation...something the Bolts and the coaching staff would do well to take note of.

Let's go Bolts...stop screwing around and finish the Habs already.
The Rangers or Capitals will take your nonchalant stuff and shove it up your sockets if you don't wise up and get it going here and now!

Big loss for the Bolts not having Ryan Callahan for the balance of this series.

Sure, the guy had just about zero offensively, but he was one of the team's more experienced players, one of the bigger hitters, and definitely one of the leaders of the team.

That said, the Bolts DO have depth.

It's been tested time and again throughout the season.

Callahan had been playing on the top line with Stamkos and Killorn as his regular linemates and that line has done the minimum offensively so far in these playoffs.

With Ryan out, I am hoping Coach Jon Cooper goes to a formula that worked pretty damned well last season: 

Promote Tyler Johnson to top line center, move Stamkos over to his wing....then either leaving Killorn as the other wing, or replacing him with Vladdy Namestnikov

Another option could be promote BOTH Johnson and Palat to the top line with Stamkos, then center the 2nd line with Filppula with Namestnikov and Killorn as wingers there.

Jonathan Drouin could also be a wild card as to where they can play him.

I understand Jonathan Marchessault is being recalled from Syracuse.....however, he has been less than effective the last few times he was recalled.

Big loss no doubt not having Callahan, but the Lightning, thanks to their team depth DO have options....and good ones at that.

Perhaps a reunion between Johnson and Stamkos will help out Stammer....or at the very least, with Montreal focused on Johnson and Stamkos even more (Johnson, of course, has been outstanding so far), it opens up even more opportunities for whomever is on the 2nd and 3rd lines.

Let's go Bolts.

Get this series done tonight already.

The ECF awaits!

Archived