• Canadiens in 4 (Sweep)
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7
    • Lightning in 4 (Sweep)
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

Carey Price brings his career playoff  losing record up against the Bolts.

Stamkos didnt score a single goal vs the Wings and they Bolts still won.

Bolts in five as Stamkos cuts loose.

Subban will probably get suspended for doing something stupid.....if the League takes off its blinders and looks past all the crosschecks this guy throws.

The Bolts were EXTREMELY lucky to get past the Wings who if they had not suffered a brain fart in game four with five minutes to go would have won the series in five games. I dont think the Bolts have a prayer against the older, more experienced Hart nominee Price, as much as I dislike both he and Subban I see the Habs in six. Not sour grapes, truthfully I like what my boy stevie has done with the Lightning just dont see it.

@yave1964

Have you watched the Habs? Price better bring his "A" game They got outplayed by Ottawa. And the Bolts are a lot better than Ottawa.

Yeah, the Habs seemed to coast thru the first round, I think they bring their game to this series.

Tough one. Neither the Habs nor the Lightning have played their best hockey yet, so who knows what happens. I'm gonna say Bolts in 6 mainly because I think they can play much, much better, I don't think Montreal is a team built for playoff hockey, and the revenge for last year factor is highly motivating to guys like Stamkos.

@ Yave1964

Montreal's "A" game is whether Price plays well or not, he had a hard time against the Bolts this year and Stamkos is due to come out of his scoring slump. The Bolts have two good scoring lines where the Canadiens had to rely on their 3rd and 4th lines to beat the Senators who outplayed them. The two overtime wins by the Habs could have easily went in Ottawa's favour but Montreal got the bounces. Price is going to have to stand on his head in order for the Habs to have a shot unless the refs get involved or Sherrif Quintal allows Subban to do whatever he wants without getting punished for his actions.

@Lindbergh31

Yeah, it's true about Price's play vs the Bolts: 0-5 this year I think (maybe 0-6). Many of those games weren't that close even, including a 7-1 shellacking. I actually like TB's bottom 6 and 3rd D-pairing better than MTL's too. 

I went hometown Bolts in 6.

Tampa Bay DOES match up pretty well against the Habs, and to be honest, with the hellacious defensive effort that Detroit put against the Bolts (shutting down some prime talent), I am not too sure the Habs defense can do anything that will surprise the Lightning.

Price, as expected, will be the key for the Habs.....although, Montreal does seem to have a certain agitation factor that Detroit didn't have a ton of.

Justin Adbelkader has been known to get under the skin of opponents at times, but his play was mostly straight up physical in the prior series.

Now the Lightning will have to deal with the likes of PK Subban, Alexi Emelin, and Brendan Gallagher.....Pests extraordinaire.

Also, to a degree...and especially to Ben Bishop, Brandon Prust can be viewed as a pest as well.

One of the WORST things the Bolts can do during this series is follow those guys 'down the rabbit hole' of absurdity....thus taking away from their own attack plan.

We will see if the Bolts can keep things at 'fast hockey' rather than extracurriculars as I am sure the Habs may try to turn this into if they find themselves on the short end of the play.

Tampa has had the Indian sign on Montreal this season.   If they continue that domination in the first game,  then they'll have a huge edge.  But, if Canadiens win the first game, all bets are off.

Usually, first games don't mean a whole lot.  But, IMHO, Friday nights game is critical.

I have the Habs in 6. Price is just to hot right now. If he can see it, he will stop it. The only chance the Lightning have is to crash the crease, shoot often and hope to score on a scramble.

Results of last years NAHANA's draft.....UNREAL I was able to draft Johnson in the 6th round (actually 11th round when factoring in the keepers......I was really nervous, hoping and praying I did not wait to long....maybe best ever late keeper draft result. Very real chance Johnson wins the Art Ross next year, and maybe the first 100 pt guy in a little while. Tyler just keeps getting better and better.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/11554/draftresults

Not the prettiest game played, but the Lightning do take Game 1 in Double OT, and get the Semi Final round off n running with a series lead.
I'll take it.

Any surprises that it was the likes of Tyler Johnson and his line doing the damage once again? Nope. Didn't think so.

Now...if we could only get guys like Callahan, Stamkos, Filppula or Hedman on the scoreboard regularly, the series could turn firmly in the Bolts' favor.

Hopefully, the Bolts can get the sweep tonight...be done with this business with the Habs, get some rest, and have plenty of time to formulate a plan for the ECF.

Right now, it is looking like the Caps, and I believe Washington could be a big, big problem for Tampa Bay.

With no disrespect to the Red Wing and Canadiens organizations, the Capitals have just been playing a meaner brand of hockey all year under Trotz, they are quite hungry, and along with their size and strength, have the speed and scoring ability to win the Cup.

Yea, I wouldn't have thought that way at the beginning of the year, but Washington has been evolving as a contender ALL YEAR LONG....and look what they are doing to the President's Trophy winner NY Rangers.

I know the 4th win in a series is the toughest to get....and the Bolts have survived with a combination of good defensive play, Bishop playing like the large goaltender he is, luck (yes, they have had some), and bursts of offense.

But should the Lightning put away the Canadiens, they will need something more solid than just luck and bursts of offense against either the Rangers or, more likely, the Capitals.

I want a fully rested Lightning squad ready for the Eastern Finals. That means getting rid of Montreal tonight.

No more travel days to Canada (unless it's the Finals and the Flames come out of the West).....let's just get this done tonight!

This from the Lightning's website:

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=766815

It appears even though the Bolts won and own that commanding 3-0 lead in the series, the Lightning, as a team, REALIZE that their execution and compete level was lacking for large portions of Game 3....and that kind of play allowed the Habs to stay in the game till Tyler Johnson pulled off the last second dagger in the 3rd.

Bolts are proving to be quite cerebral on this (not surprising, seeing as how their head coach, a former lawyer, is extremely cerebral), and that is all fine....but the team just needs to do the little things right, needs to do them swiftly, and just need to be determined NOT to let the Habs have any reason at all to think they can come back in this series.

Hardly takes 'cerebral' to understand that.....Bolts just need to want this game more.

Forget the 3-0 lead, forget the 8-0 record against Montreal on the season, and forget that they may be looking at Washington or New York in the ECF.

Just focus on this desperate Montreal team.....a team filled with vets and hungry young players alike, be on guard for anything and everything, play the game as if the series were still hanging in the balance, and just put away Montreal for good.

I've said it tons before.....if the Bolts advance, they will find that neither New York or Washington will show them any quarter in the ECF, and they will find an increased level of hard nosed play from either of those teams as well, compared to what they faced from Detroit and Montreal.

If the Bolts want that Cup, they are going to have to be meaner, faster, and smarter than the other team....and they can start that against the Habs tonight.

Bolts are proving to be quite cerebral on this (not surprising, seeing as how their head coach, a former lawyer, is extremely cerebral), and that is all fine....but the team just needs to do the little things right, needs to do them swiftly, and just need to be determined NOT to let the Habs have any reason at all to think they can come back in this series.

Hardly takes 'cerebral' to understand that.....Bolts just need to want this game more.

I'm a big fan of the cerebral. But the last thing you want a hockey player to be doing, especially this time of year, is thinking. Nothing good can come from that. 

So you just want certain parts of the cerebral cortex to be humming. Like the basal ganglia - it's the stuff that helps decision-making, like deciding which of several possible things to do at any given time. It helps regulate motor activities so that voluntary movements can be performed smoothly. 

Now sheep brains. That's a whole other thing. You don't want to be eating them, that's for sure.

@Podein25

Agreed.

They can be cerebral all they want between games, while they look at film, and while they have their meetings, but on the ice, should be mostly instinctual.

Sure, they gotta think out there, as you said, about the smart plays to make....but all those players, even the less experienced ones, have played long enough at the NHL level to understand they just need to execute and want that win more than the other team.

Bolts 'sat back' at times during the last game and that simply isn't acceptable.

NO team...not the best or the 30th best team...should ever be taken so lightly that another team can feel they can 'sit back' for 30 or 40 minutes, expect the other team NOT to push back, and then expect to win the game on top of that.

Even someone like me who has never played ice hockey can understand that...I am sure those professional players and coaches understand that.

Just gotta do what they do on the ice....maybe with a 70-30 split on the take action vs cerebral while on the ice.  :)

Just gotta do what they do on the ice....maybe with a 70-30 split on the take action vs cerebral while on the ice.   :)

Yeah that sounds about right. And just to be clear: I'm not advocating that players have their heads up their arses. Although, as a lifelong Flyer fan you can forgive me for thinking that skating around with your head up your arse is how hockey is played.

Agreed on the sitting back. That was terrible. 

@TropicalFruitGirl26  DEAR LORD TFG>....what in the world are your Bolts doing?!?!   Very uninspired play, very sluggish....when you have a 3-0 series lead, you don't take your foot off the gas pedal!!!  Vasilevsky now making his NHL playoff debut....HORRIBLE 3rd goal allowed by Bishop. How do you let that go in??  Very easy routine glove save somehow finds the back of the net...WTF!!!  I'll give him a pass cause he's had a fantastic playoff not counting tonight....but man oh man....you gotta be sharper that *that*.....

Markovs first goal Ben had no chance on....and Max just picked the corner on the 2nd...but the 3rd goal was stinky!!

@TropicalFruitGirl26  DEAR LORD TFG>....what in the world are your Bolts doing?!?!   Very uninspired play, very sluggish....when you have a 3-0 series lead, you don't take your foot off the gas pedal!!!  Vasilevsky now making his NHL playoff debut....HORRIBLE 3rd goal allowed by Bishop. How do you let that go in??  Very easy routine glove save somehow finds the back of the net...WTF!!!  I'll give him a pass cause he's had a fantastic playoff not counting tonight....but man oh man....you gotta be sharper that *that*.....

Markovs first goal Ben had no chance on....and Max just picked the corner on the 2nd...but the 3rd goal was stinky!!

Yea...I ranted about this in the shoutbox already.

I am not happy with this team right now.

Not that I expected the Bolts to just sweep through, but the fact that they are ALLOWING the Habs to play as if THEY are the ones in control.

@TropicalFruitGirl26  WOW...goals 15 second apart to make it 5-0....this is just a game you throw away and start fresh tomorrow. Poor Vasilivesky....his confidence must be shaken to no tomorrow!!  I'd think about putting Ben back in....you don't want to destroy the kids confidence......maybe best to rest Ben though....tough call. Bolts look disturbingly sluggish.

@TropicalFruitGirl26  WOW...goals 15 second apart to make it 5-0....this is just a game you throw away and start fresh tomorrow. Poor Vasilivesky....his confidence must be shaken to no tomorrow!!  I'd think about putting Ben back in....you don't want to destroy the kids confidence......maybe best to rest Ben though....tough call. Bolts look disturbingly sluggish.

5-0 and sleeping on the job....screw this...

I have a Tampa Bay Rays game I could be watching on TV while I wait for the Minnesota Wild game to come on.

If the Bolts aren't gonna play like they want this, then I don't need to watch this trainwreck of an effort.

They will probably come out like demons and crush the Habs in Montreal after this embarrassment, but really, it shouldn't have come down to this.

The Hawks have the Wild in the same situation, and I bet Chicago won't fall asleep at the wheel with a chance to eliminate...even if the Wild do win....Chicago will let them know they were in a game.

The Bolts simply aren't showing me they have what it takes to win a Cup this year with this kind of effort.

Channel switching in 3...2...1..... :angry:

Archived