Was Ref Brad Watson "playing God" or is Prust a Coward?

hf101

I'd say Brandon Prust is looking at a hefty fine after these locker room comments as per @Bruce Author

post-2-0-03356900-1430739141_thumb.jpg

The Canadiens lost this game due to their own lack of discipline not the resulting calls on the ice.

The quote from Prust that cracked me up, "Watson was trying to control the game." (Paraphrased).

Ummm, isnt that what a ref is supposed to do? To officiate and keep the game in check when some eight minute a night goon runs a goalie after his team just got blown out at home to fall behind in the series 2 games to none? Seriously, Prust should have never been on the ice, but Therien is a joke of a coach in the first place, two years ago he lost control of his team in Ottawa, this year he has done the same against Tampa.

Instead of suspending Prust, the Canadiens should be punished by being forced to play him.

All I can hear is WAAAAAA,   WAAAAAA,  WAAAAAAA, from the Prust interview.    This is what gives the NHL a bad image.    End of a blowout game, player does juvenile stuff, complains about it later because he was being picked on.

I'm glad the Habs got called for all those penalties, I'm thinking the NHL had a post first round meeting because they saw how bad the product was in the first round, and decided to clamp down on stuff. Good for them.

Don't suspend him, it will just give the Habs fans excuses for their crappy play.

All I can hear is WAAAAAA,   WAAAAAA,  WAAAAAAA, from the Prust interview.    This is what gives the NHL a bad image.    End of a blowout game, player does juvenile stuff, complains about it later because he was being picked on.

I'm glad the Habs got called for all those penalties, I'm thinking the NHL had a post first round meeting because they saw how bad the product was in the first round, and decided to clamp down on stuff. Good for them.

Don't suspend him, it will just give the Habs fans excuses for their crappy play.

Great minds (or something) think alike!!

The answer: possibly both.

Well, I don't know if "coward" is the right term for Prust. It takes guts to constantly appear to be a douchebag on public TV... but he's certainly not winning any points here. I have a hard time giving him the benefit of the doubt.

If his allegations against Mr. Watson are true, Watson's likely in a good deal of trouble though....even if I can somewhat understand his frustration with Prust. I wonder if the league will investigate, or just let it drop.

I will admit, I do enjoy Prust's comments. Particularly: "I thought his call was soft and I let him know on the way to the penalty box". Right, Prusty. I'm sure you were polite and a perfect gentleman, and he just flew off the handle and gave you an unsportsmanlike because he was having a bad day.

Prust was trying to take the only available way for the habs to win one of the next games, by taking out the goalie. He went out of his way to make contact and then whines about being called for it. Prust is a useless tool.....literally.

The answer: possibly both.

Well, I don't know if "coward" is the right term for Prust. It takes guts to constantly appear to be a douchebag on public TV... but he's certainly not winning any points here. I have a hard time giving him the benefit of the doubt.

If his allegations against Mr. Watson are true, Watson's likely in a good deal of trouble though....even if I can somewhat understand his frustration with Prust. I wonder if the league will investigate, or just let it drop.

I will admit, I do enjoy Prust's comments. Particularly: "I thought his call was soft and I let him know on the way to the penalty box". Right, Prusty. I'm sure you were polite and a perfect gentleman, and he just flew off the handle and gave you an unsportsmanlike because he was having a bad day.

Yeah, and he also claimed that he barely touched Bishop, and that Bishop flopped on the play.   Does he not know that we can replay things and see what happened and make our own decision?  Someone from the organization should have told him to shut up so that he didn't look even douchier(is that a word, and is even possible for him?) than normal.

Yeah, and he also claimed that he barely touched Bishop, and that Bishop flopped on the play.   Does he not know that we can replay things and see what happened and make our own decision?  Someone from the organization should have told him to shut up so that he didn't look even douchier(is that a word, and is even possible for him?) than normal.

Well I have to say that Bishop has been hamming up any contact he has gotten but that does not change the fact that it was an absolutely moronic move by Prust. He got the call he deserved and then got a misconduct(as you so aptly put it) for being his normal douchy self. I really hope they call Subban and Gallagher for the dives they will be doing all over the ice looking for makeup calls the next game. Subban has already been fined once this year and seeing him get hit as a repeat offender would make my day. :thumbsu:

I recall this 2 years ago...

Montreal Canadiens forward Brandon Prust responded to Ottawa Senators head coach Paul MacLean’s comments on the Eric Gryba hit on Lars Eller Friday by saying, “We don’t care what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say.”

Prust is known to shoot his mouth and you can be sure he was just responding with "ok"  as Watson was lecturing him.

To watch Montreal play is quite funny. Basically classless.

Subban is the leader of the pack the  last game skating in on Bishop as he froze the puck and spraying him with snow.

Later in the game mouthing off to Bishop and doing it with a whole bunch of drama. He did it as well in game 1.

But ...heaven forbid if anyone would touch Price. The Waaaambulance would be out and fans would be on their cellphones dialing 911.

Please end this quickly TBay.

Sounds like either Prust realized what a boneheaded decision it was to go public with on-ice chatter between he and the ref, or someone MADE him say "I'm sorry"

From the Tampa Bay Times:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/canadiens-brandon-prust-apologizes-for-officiating-comments/2228384

You can bet, however, that regardless of how that apology came about, he will continue to try and get under the skin of the Bolts....and Ben Bishop in particular.

Those two have been at each other for quite some time now.....that won't end just because of this one incident.

That all said, the Canadiens as a team, need to get their schtick together if they have any hope of winning a game against Tampa Bay this year.

Personally, I think the Bolts are in their collective heads (and NOT just from the first two games in this series), the Bolts outskated and outplayed them...and yes, even out LUCKED them in some instances.....and frustrations on the Habs' side just boiled over.

Brandon Prust isn't NEARLY as effective if he all of a sudden starts playing a "nice" brand of hockey.

But keeping stuff between he and officials OUT of the public's ear would be a very wise thing for him to do....whether the ref was in the wrong or not.

Archived