24th overall picks......

@BluPuk

If Konecny turns out to be anywhere near what I think he'll be, the Leafs should have grabbed him when they had a chance. I thought he'd be gone by pick 15. Depends on how they all pan out I guess...but when he was still sitting there and I heard Philly had made the trade, i was pumped.

It was bizarre that he lasted as long as he did. I think the Leafs *really* messed up by passing on this guy. I don't get it. They were not the only ones, the Sens passed on him not once, but twice. These teams will regret those decisons. From a Leafs perspective, the might have passed because of his size and the fact that they already drafted a small, fast center in Marner. Still, you should never pass up an offensive dynamo, regardless of the size.

For a team starved for offense, with hardly any goals or offense coming from youngsters, this is odd...they only have JVR and Kadri as youngsters who light the lamp, and this guys compete level puts those two to shame....very, very odd move. Even more odd, the Leafs ended up using the 61st overall pick on Jeremy Bracco, who is the exact same size as Konency. WTF!?!?  The Leafs tried to get way to cute here, moving back not once, but twice...in a draft that was supposed to be deep, but not that deep that you can toss aside an obviously talented warrior like Konency.

• 2 weeks later...

I was impressed with how they worked a 24th into a 29th plus two other picks, then turned the 29th into two others as well. 

I can only assume that they didn't feel that the 24th was worth hanging on to. Anyway four more picks is good??

jAZqlyE.png

:ph34r:

Archived