Who Hasn't Driven a Zamboni Hammered?!

Podein25

@Podein25 Just want to give some friendly advice, once you post a pic of yourself on the net, it's out there forever.....

Yeah, but on the bright side, I have more hair than I thought. And I don't always look that wasted - usually only after Flyer games.

I know I have

Our original rink was pretty primitive.  Didn't have a compressor until the third year.  Our Zamboni was a tractor drawn rig.  

One night, I got mad at the guy who was supposed to be our rink manager.  He balked at making new ice at two AM for a rental.  So, I get up in the middle of the night to run that goddam thing.  I tear onto the ice swinging the Zamboni behind me.  It's a wonder that I didn't tear out all the boards by slamming into them.   

Our original rink was pretty primitive. Didn't have a compressor until the third year. Our Zamboni was a tractor drawn rig.

One night, I got mad at the guy who was supposed to be our rink manager. He balked at making new ice at two AM for a rental. So, I get up in the middle of the night to run that goddam thing. I tear onto the ice swinging the Zamboni behind me. It's a wonder that I didn't tear out all the boards by slamming into them.

Ha! There's a blocker story for you. My last year of Jr. we used to go the bar after games, sometimes with the rink guy. We'd get snapped, grab some girls and head back to the rink for a spin on the 'Boni.

Hijinx ensued. Jerseys were stolen. Fun was over.

Archived