2015 NHL Entry Draft Guide - Rankings & Reports

pilldoc

@JackStraw

Awesome find - thanks. What stood out for you the most from that?

I love RLR but have yet to receive this year's Draft Guide, which is some fantastic reading. Hilarious stuff really. It's $50 and worth every penny. I encourage you nerds to grab it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome find - thanks. What stood out for you the most from that?

You know what, it was this:

How does RLR now feel about Oliver Kylington after his up-and-downs eason?
1:34 

Red Line: 
Top five talent, but a HUGE risk. Was god-awful in many games we saw him this season. Completely lacking in judgement. But WOW! He's the best skater in the entire draft and is really dynamic with the puck on his stick. Can create just as many chances for the opposition as his own team, however. Big boom or bust type.

I don't think the Flyers should (or would) take him with their 2nd first rounder but when a scout says he's the best skater in a draft that has McDavid you have to stop and think.

You know what, it was this:

How does RLR now feel about Oliver Kylington after his up-and-downs eason?

1:34

Red Line:

Top five talent, but a HUGE risk. Was god-awful in many games we saw him this season. Completely lacking in judgement. But WOW! He's the best skater in the entire draft and is really dynamic with the puck on his stick. Can create just as many chances for the opposition as his own team, however. Big boom or bust type.

I don't think the Flyers should (or would) take him with their 2nd first rounder but when a scout says he's the best skater in a draft that has McDavid you have to stop and think.

Agreed, it makes me think: Rico Fata

@JackStraw

Did you catch Kyle's comments on Crouse? That has me convinced. If Provorov is gone, I'm thinking we should take Werenski maybe. Jammer is never wrong (OK, there was the 60 goals thing, lol)

Yeah, I saw that. What does he know anyway?  :ph34r:  But seriously, people have Crouse all over the place. The only real knock on him seems to be that he didn't put up enough points but I think the situation on his (lousy) team would account for a lot of that. Personally, I would be fine with any of Crouse, Werenski, Provorov, Rantanen, Barzal, or even Zacha. Although I'd be most concerned about Zacha.

I would be fine with any of Crouse, Werenski, Provorov, Rantanen, Barzal, or even Zacha. Although I'd be most concerned about Zacha.

I've come to the conclusion that there is a drop off after the top 6. Not much, but a drop nonetheless. This is my top 6

McJesus

Eichel

Strome

Hanifin

Marner

Provorov

I think it is a bit much that Werenski and Provorov were neck and neck until Werenski's season was over. Then since provorov was still playing, he got more exposure

Fair point, but I think CHL players who play over 60 games will always fair better than NCAA guys who play half that our less. Just a smaller body of work to assess. Not enough really. In fact, I think this could even cause Hanifin to drop, albeit not much.

Archived