Flyers trade Grossman and Pronged to Arizona for Gagner

AJgoal

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GLENDALE, ARIZONA – Arizona Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney announced today that the Coyotes have acquired defenseman Nicklas Grossmann and the contract of defenseman Chris Pronger from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for forward Sam Gagner and a conditional fourth round draft choice in 2016 or a third round draft choice in 2017.

The 30-year-old Grossmann registered 5-9-14 and 32 penalty minutes (PIM) in 68 games with the Flyers in 2014-15. The 6-foot-4, 230-pound native of Stockholm, Sweden has recorded 10-69-79 and 288 PIM in 531 career NHL games with the Flyers and Dallas Stars. Grossmann was originally drafted by the Stars in the second round (56th overall) in the 2004 Entry Draft.

Man, seeing the MacDonald & Lecavalier contracts illustrated that way kinda makes me ill.

Please tell me that some team that needs to come up to the Cap floor will take them off our hands.

Yeah....can't do nothing about that but maybe Hexy ain't done......

...it looks better with 7 Dmen signed with MDZ also needing to be signed.

merry_christmas.gif

So this is what is happening behind the scenes when us guys don't hear a peep....i guess i'll learn to live with it when it has results like we have seen...outstanding work by Hexy and his staff........

@OccamsRazor

Talk about having a poker face and not showing his cards....wow...

Remind me never to play poker with Hexy if ever given the chance...he would clean me out.......

Yes just play with Homer and you'll be rich....stay away from Ronnie!!!

ok......so.....where and what line does Sam go to?  Can he play LW? or is he true Center?

There is talk of buying out his contract. Is he not a decent player anymore?

My first thought was that they'd keep him.

Hextall asked several times if Flyers intend to keep Gagner. Each time, said team needs to evaluate options - Meltzer. Sorry, posting from phone

Is the Pronger trade really a "legal" trade.  Everyone knows what is being done there by Arizona.  Hasn't the NHL "investigated" this kind of thing in the past?  Then again, they seem to be doing their best to keep Arizona going.

Archived