Re-Signing Voracek

jammer2

But with today's price they are putting on forwards...like Soderberg's contract 4.74mill AAV x 5...and he's scored 29 total goals over the past two years...it's just hard to call...has only scored 48 points in  season....this is getting out of hand...quick.

Let this wise and learned person explain it for you

That guy sounds like a genius and you should heed his word...........rumor has it he is a descendant of Socrates.....

...or as Bill and Ted would say.......

So- crates!!!

this is getting out of hand...quick.

If one does the math and looks at

First line: 8-8-8

Second line: 6-6-6

Third line: 4.5-4.5-4.5

That's $55.5M out of the gate for three lines of forwards...

And if/when we get to the point where every 1/2 line player is signed for 6-8 years at $7-8M plus, there won't be ROOM for new UFAs to get into the mix.

It's almost like the "fiscally responsible" owners don't have any clue what they are doing...

Not to mention the players' agents.

Yes, that's a bit of hyperbole - but the scary part is just how NOT hyperbolic it is getting.

If one does the math and looks at

First line: 8-8-8

Second line: 6-6-6

Third line: 4.5-4.5-4.5

That's $55.5M out of the gate for three lines of forwards...

And if/when we get to the point where every 1/2 line player is signed for 6-8 years at $7-8M plus, there won't be ROOM for new UFAs to get into the mix.

It's almost like the "fiscally responsible" owners don't have any clue what they are doing...

Not to mention the players' agents.

Yes, that's a bit of hyperbole - but the scary part is just how NOT hyperbolic it is getting.

Yes they are creating their own problem...no worries another lockout should fix it in a few years............right....  :ph34r:

And at the rate they are going you are going to have to have half your roster full of kids on ELC or a bunch of no hockey playing mofos littered throughout it with the ability to only give your top line, starting goaltender and top D-pair the big bucks everyone else will get the crumbs.......

And at the rate they are going you are going to have to have half your roster full of kids on ELC or a bunch of no hockey playing mofos littered throughout it with the ability to only give your top line, starting goaltender and top D-pair the big bucks everyone else will get the crumbs.......

I could be wrong (it has happened before) but I don't know that a locker room with six guys making around $10M each and 14 guys making around league minimum is going to be a healthy, productive team environment.

Again, hyperbolic - but trending in that direction...

I could be wrong (it has happened before) but I don't know that a locker room with six guys making around $10M each and 14 guys making around league minimum is going to be a healthy, productive team environment.

Again, hyperbolic - but trending in that direction...

No and it won't be very good...and God forbid the star players go down..........imagine how crappy the AHL will be because all your good prospect will be forced into the NHL lineup for cap reasons......

A LOT of it will have to do with what Voracek does this year.

Right now, he's had one great season on Giroux's wing and still hasn't scored 25, much less 30.

I don't know that I give that guy $8M. And I'm not sure the league can afford to give guys who haven't scored 25 goals $8M.

Tarasenko potted THIRTY SEVEN last season. Jake has all of EIGHT more goals in the past two years COMBINED.

Which is why in my opinion these two are completely incomparable players, meaning Tarasenko's contract in no way should be used as a measuring stick for what Jake should be getting.

Pavel Brendl was the huge prospect in the Lindros trade. I hear what you are saying , ESP with a salary cap, but jake has really blossomed here.... Even under Burube. I just don't want to see him go.

Brendl was a million dollar talent, no doubt about it. However, he had a ten cent work ethic and the Flyers should have been on high alert when he showed up at Rangers training camp out of shape. Now, part of that is on the Rangers as well because they never discouraged the bad habits and allowed them to get out of hand. I think Clarke was wanting a "name" thrown into the Lindros deal and that's part of why Brendl was included. In fairness, the Flyers got Kim Johnsson out of it, so it wasn't that bad. However, they absolutely ruined Jan Hlavac, who should have been a 60 point player for them and instead he got dealt for Donald Brashear. Hard to believe how badly Bill Barber ruined him.

Brendl was a million dollar talent, no doubt about it. However, he had a ten cent work ethic and the Flyers should have been on high alert when he showed up at Rangers training camp out of shape. Now, part of that is on the Rangers as well because they never discouraged the bad habits and allowed them to get out of hand. I think Clarke was wanting a "name" thrown into the Lindros deal and that's part of why Brendl was included. In fairness, the Flyers got Kim Johnsson out of it, so it wasn't that bad. However, they absolutely ruined Jan Hlavac, who should have been a 60 point player for them and instead he got dealt for Donald Brashear. Hard to believe how badly Bill Barber ruined him.

Yeah that's true, KJ alone made that a good trade for the flyers. Brendl was def a project and kind of tainted goods after the rags got him.

Prospects now a days really do know what it takes to make the NHL and the Brendls are fading, so maybe not such a great point on my part.

Archived