They're Baaaaack!

BluPuk

Let's go through the list from last night's debacle at the ACC:

lousy goaltending - check

lack of effort - check

no grit - check

floating and gliding - check

full-on collapse at the end to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory - check and double check....

And the Sabers didn't even have Eichel in the line-up.....

PAIN!!!!

@BluPuk  I would not base to much on a pre-season tilt. Plus, for some unknown reason, the Sabres have historically played the Leafs tough for the past 10-12 years. Even when the Sabres are stinky bad, they seem to find a way to beat TO. Don't know why that is, just sometimes, some teams have your number.

lousy goaltending - check
lack of effort - check
no grit - check
floating and gliding - check
full-on collapse at the end to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory - check and double check....

Well you aren't paying Babcock all that money for nothing.    :cool[1]:

Man, I just read a TSN article which listed the Leafs top two units and how they were split up last night. 

http://www.tsn.ca/babcock-calls-out-leafs-veteran-forwards-1.369100

"Babcock broke up his top two units after two periods against Buffalo, rejigging the combinations in hopes of finding some sort of spark offensively. By game's end Nazem Kadri was paired with James van Riemsdyk and Joffrey Lupul while Tyler Bozak centered Shawn Matthias and Brad Boyes."

Wow if that is the top two units (and I might be reading this incorrectly) then Leaf fans are in for a LONG year which I am sure they must have expected already. 

Of course this does mean they will beat the Flyers every game this year though. :(

I'll be pleasantly surprised if they beat anybody with the group they have now.

I'm hoping for some trades..... :blink[1]:

Of that there should be plenty this season.  Let's play a fun game called "guess how many players on the opening day roster will finish the year with the Leafs".   :D

Of that there should be plenty this season.  Let's play a fun game called "guess how many players on the opening day roster will finish the year with the Leafs".   :D

LOL. Yah, I suspect (and hope) not many.

Archived