Old Six Dots

Podein25

The Blues have waived Magnus Pääjärvi, or Old Six Dots as my good friend Ryan calls him

Former 1st round pick of the Oilers. Is he worth a pick up? Size and speed, not sure about the noggin. 

Well, you've said it: NHL size and speed. He's more than reasonable in his own end. At one time, my hope was that he could become a Radek Dvorak type (minus that one freaky 31 goal year) but I seriously doubt he will ever do that. His problem: he has a muffin of a shot and isn't fond of using the tools he has to get the puck into prime scoring areas.

His problem: he has a muffin of a shot and isn't fond of using the tools he has to get the puck into prime scoring areas.

Didn't know about the shot, but yeah, he's never wanted to go to the hard areas. Or even the medium ones. That doesn't fly in today's game and certainly not in STL. 

Didn't know about the shot, but yeah, he's never wanted to go to the hard areas. Or even the medium ones. That doesn't fly in today's game and certainly not in STL. 

Yeah, the good old days of perimeter goal scoring are a thing of the past. It's too bad for PRV, because (again) he some tools in his box that he could use. Maybe, when you convert a defenseman into a forward at 14, this is what you can get sometimes: a guy who doesn't have the mentality to go to those areas as much out of habit as anything else.

Maybe, when you convert a defenseman into a forward at 14, this is what you can get sometimes: a guy who doesn't have the mentality to go to those areas as much out of habit as anything else.

Maybe he should convert back to D?! I'm a convert to D and now I'm a star.

I'm going to guess you're a convert like most of the guys I know...too lazy to play forward anymore.  :D

Yes, I've heard that Pods is a stay at home defensemen....really...he does not leave the house. :D

Archived