Pavelski named Captain

J0e Th0rnton

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/10/05/sharks-name-pavelski-captain-thornton-couture-alternates/

Thornton and Couture alternates.

lol. Glad Marleau does not have a letter, but I am a bit stranged out by COoots getting a letter. Vlasic would have been my other choice.

Couture is just such a beta male

c7a591b97f411de4f230c389648086ba.jpg

Pavelski seems like a solid choice, and the only other one I would have considered for the C is Vlasic. Everyone else either seems to be the silent type, like Marleau or too young to command the respect of "the room", like Burns, Hertl or Couture.

Pavelski seems like a solid choice, and the only other one I would have considered for the C is Vlasic. Everyone else either seems to be the silent type, like Marleau or too young to command the respect of "the room", like Burns, Hertl or Couture.

Burns is 30 dude.

And yeah, Pavelski is a solid choice. Him and Jumbo are the alpha males of that Locker room

I love the choice of captain and I agree with the assistants. Pavelski has taken command of this team. He put all of the distractions aside last year and lead the team in just about everything. He is the leaser of this team now, and he was rewarded for it.

Couture deserved a letter. He is a strong leader on the team. If Pavelski wasn't on the roster, I think Couture would have been made captain.

I am also glad to see Vlasic and Marleau not given letter. I was never a fan of the rotating assistants, and I don't think either of those players is strong enough to lead this team right now. In terms of play on the ice, both are solid players, but neither of them act like leaders.

Couture deserved a letter. He is a strong leader on the team. If Pavelski wasn't on the roster, I think Couture would have been made captain.

Totally agree, I thought Couture should have got a letter also. He leads by example and has been around enough years to garner respect.

Archived