LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2015-2016

pilldoc

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

North Dakota wins versus Michigan Flyers prospect Cooper Marody no points. Flyers have no prospects left in the NCAA tourny.

I wouldn't mind the Flyers trying to sign ND goalie Cam Johnson to an entry level contract he has been damn good this season.

Damn he'd (LW Drake Caggiula) make a great Flyer too has scored in back to back games for ND.

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

LOL...if you had it your way OR Philly would have 200 guys under contract. 

Well they have to sign some guys to replace the junk on the Phantoms. At least 4 or 5 guys.

I know they have some kids coming in but there is still a collection of junk down there. I mean if you want to get back to the playoffs.

No need to keep signing this retread older AHL max type talent no one else seems to want. Get some more guys with some upside. They only have 35 guys under contract for next year.

Jason Labarbera, Tim Brent and Davis Drewskie need to be replace with younger kids who may not be at their ceiling. So there are quite a few free agents out there to be found.

Obviously you can't sign everyone but there are some good young options out there. Drake Caggiula and Troy Stecher are just former students of Hak's regime whom could be fast tracked to the NHL possibly. Some of the other are long shots with a lot of teams gunning to through max deal at them.  

I'm fine with signing some young players...but if you want your farm to be the first step towards a winning tradition you'd better keep some wiley vets there to teach the young kids and to keep them in line.

28 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm fine with signing some young players...but if you want your farm to be the first step towards a winning tradition you'd better keep some wiley vets there to teach the young kids and to keep them in line.

They'll still have vets. Their Captain reupped (Mcdonald) for the next 2 years he is 31 right now.

And you know they'll resign Rosehill can't have enough goons.

Chris Conner is under contract for next year he is 32.

I guess they may resign Drewskie for just no other reason than he is on the wrong side of 31. So that is enough old guys.

Dear God Cote and Gordon need to do their damn job as coaches!!!! Forget that show them the door!!!

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

They'll still have vets. Their Captain reupped (Mcdonald) for the next 2 years he is 31 right now.

And you know they'll resign Rosehill can't have enough goons.

Chris Conner is under contract for next year he is 32.

I guess they may resign Drewskie for just no other reason than he is on the wrong side of 31. So that is enough old guys.

Dear God Cote and Gordon need to do their damn job as coaches!!!! Forget that show them the door!!!

Couldn't agree more.  Too many perennial AHLers with no potential of helping the parent team in an emergency.  Even the kids are mid-level NHL talent at the very best: too small.  And from what I can see, rather devoid of heart.  I'm expecting (hoping) to see much better talent next year else I will not be renewing my season tickets.  Not worth driving more than an hour each way to watch that crap on ice.

Sadly, I think Rosie's about done.

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not much to play for down there this year but maybe they have a strong finish. Nice to see Hagg have a fellow countryman with him now.

How do you say 'Get your head out of your ass" in Swedish?

Bill Meltzer Retweeted

As per @TSNBobMcKenzie, reps for Jimmy Vesey inform @PredsNHL their client will be exercising his UFA rights on 8/15

CerT6e0WEAAie6f.jpg

@flyercanuck

Well go get him Flyers he would make a nice LW choice.......so there is 202!!!

Actually i hope the Leafs don't have the edge on him his brother was drafted by him and his dad is a scout for them.

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:
Bill Meltzer Retweeted

As per @TSNBobMcKenzie, reps for Jimmy Vesey inform @PredsNHL their client will be exercising his UFA rights on 8/15

CerT6e0WEAAie6f.jpg

@flyercanuck

Well go get him Flyers he would make a nice LW choice.......so there is 202!!!

Actually i hope the Leafs don't have the edge on him his brother was drafted by him and his dad is a scout for them.

"Vesey informed assistant GM Paul Fenton before the NHL trade deadline that he would not test free agency and sign with Nashville.  "

Poile said Vesey was offered a top six role, playoff ice time and “a chance to burn a year of his entry level contract.” 

"Predators officials attended Vesey’s last college game on Friday,asked for a meeting and were never given one. "

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/jimmy-vesey-spurns-predators--testing-free-agency-after--bad-advice-030145186.html

Sounds like a real class act. 

If the guy wants to go play for the org. where his dad and brother are, at least have the decency to let the org. who invested 4 years and a draft pick in you know about it so they can at least try and recoup something. 

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

who invested 4 years and a draft pick in you know about it so they can at least try and recoup something. 

Why does he have to?

He is doing what is required, he let them know his intentions more than likely when he knew what he wanted.

He owes them nothing.

If they traded his rights before hand they wouldn't have told him till they had to. It was rumored this might happen months ago. Maybe he didn't make up his mind till just recently...i mean they just got eliminated.

41 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Why does he have to?

He is doing what is required, he let them know his intentions more than likely when he knew what he wanted.

He owes them nothing.

If they traded his rights before hand they wouldn't have told him till they had to. It was rumored this might happen months ago. Maybe he didn't make up his mind till just recently...i mean they just got eliminated.

He told them at the trade deadline (when he still had value to the Preds) that he wasn't declaring free agency. Then he does. He refuses to attend a meeting with the team who drafted him? If all pro athletes thought this way there'd be half as many teams in each league, and the Yankees of every league would win every other year.

Just glad ALL players don't think this way.

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

He told them at the trade deadline (when he still had value to the Preds) that he wasn't declaring free agency. Then he does. He refuses to attend a meeting with the team who drafted him? If all pro athletes thought this way there'd be half as many teams in each league, and the Yankees of every league would win every other year.

Well the defenseman (Mike Reilly) whom the Blue Jackets just did pretty much the same thing last year and changed his mind and left school early. 

It is the risk involved with drafting those guys and not signing them before their last year of college.

I'm not saying it is the way everyone should conduct themselves but he is allowed to change his mind. I don't think he did it to be devious someone more than likely put something in his head last minute for all i know. 

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Didn't Blake Wheeler do close to the same thing???

Justin Schultz too.

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Sounds like a real class act. 

Didn't realize he was a lifelong Bruin fan so i guess they will more than likely sign him. Can't blame him for wanting to play for his favorite team i know i wouldn't care had it been me and i had a chance to play for the Flyers.

However i guess you can find fault in the way he handled it. Which i agree wasn't classy if reports are true.

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Didn't Blake Wheeler do close to the same thing???

Justin Schultz too.

At the end of the season, four years after he was drafted, Wheeler had yet to come to a contract agreement with the Coyotes. Given the option, Wheeler elected to become an unrestricted free agent despite a maximum entry-level contract offer from the club.

Drafted by the Anaheim Ducks, Schultz was unable to come to terms on a contract with the team. During the last week of May 2012, Schultz officially "de-registered" from the University of Wisconsin triggering a process that made him an unrestricted free agent (UFA). According to league rules, from the time Anaheim was given notice of the de-registration from school, they had a 30-day exclusive window to try to sign him or trade him.[1] Anaheim was ultimately unable to sign him. On June 30, 2012, Schultz agreed to a two year entry-level contract with the Edmonton Oilers.

That doesn't sound like either of them told the teams that drafted them they were going to sign with them and then didn't.  That's the difference.

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

At the end of the season, four years after he was drafted, Wheeler had yet to come to a contract agreement with the Coyotes. Given the option, Wheeler elected to become an unrestricted free agent despite a maximum entry-level contract offer from the club.

Drafted by the Anaheim Ducks, Schultz was unable to come to terms on a contract with the team. During the last week of May 2012, Schultz officially "de-registered" from the University of Wisconsin triggering a process that made him an unrestricted free agent (UFA). According to league rules, from the time Anaheim was given notice of the de-registration from school, they had a 30-day exclusive window to try to sign him or trade him.[1] Anaheim was ultimately unable to sign him. On June 30, 2012, Schultz agreed to a two year entry-level contract with the Edmonton Oilers.

That doesn't sound like either of them told the teams that drafted them they were going to sign with them and then didn't.  That's the difference.

See i haven't seen anywhere that said he clearly stated he was going to sign with them (unless i missed it). I seen where a meeting was requested yet never set up.

May be i missed it but either way it doesn't matter it sounds like he'll either be a Bruin or a Leaf anyways.

Sure it's not good for business and it may make other teams nervous about signing college players.

I understand both sides. I don't agree with it but i understand it.

Archived