Mike Richards fell down (lierally/health issue)

fanaticV3.0

He needs a Life Alert apparently.

f4liqx.jpg

I read that article and I love the comment section, There are people that are actually shocked by this...... I mean did they start watching the Flyers 15 minutes ago or something?

He needs a Life Alert apparently.

f4liqx.jpg

I read that article and I love the comment section, There are people that are actually shocked by this...... I mean did they start watching the Flyers 15 minutes ago or something?

95% of the quotes in that article were bullsh-t. The only person who was being honest with Lombardi, even if he was turning up the melodrama.

Sam Carchidi's obsession with Mike RIchards is becoming a little boring. 

Two articles in two days on an athlete who no longer plays for Philadelphia? I mean we get it that you don't like Mike, but let it go man, seriously.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20151118_Former_Kings_teammate_Dustin_Brown_hopes_Mike_Richards_gets_help_he_needs.html

And impressively even by philly.com standards this new article was written on the 18th of November, despite it being the 17th today.

SAM CARCHIDI, INQUIRER STAFF WRITERPOSTED: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 3:01 AM

In hindsight, Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown said, he and his teammates wore blinders in the Mike Richards situation.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20151118_Former_Kings_teammate_Dustin_Brown_hopes_Mike_Richards_gets_help_he_needs.html#WVYMvxOeJFe2Ey7W.99

Two articles in two days on an athlete who no longer plays for Philadelphia? I mean we get it that you don't like Mike, but let it go man, seriously.

Totally agree, Sam is a dick for doing so many stories on this. I don't know about you, but it almost comes off as Sam taking some high moral ground, in the guise of concern...F him. Do we really know that Mike had a pill problem, has he gone public and stated this? Just cause you have a few Percs in the car, does not make you a drug addict for God's sake.

So, am I reading this right? Jeff friggin Carter has evolved into a leader.....GET THE F OUT....did not see that coming. I refuse to believe it....lol.

Sam Carchidi's obsession with Mike RIchards is becoming a little boring. 

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20151118_Former_Kings_teammate_Dustin_Brown_hopes_Mike_Richards_gets_help_he_needs.html

And impressively even by philly.com standards this new article was written on the 18th of November, despite it being the 17th today.

If it was discovered Eric Lindros had a pill problem and, like Richards, passed out I guarantee you that would be a least two stories written about it. Hell, I've got an even better example. McNabb just "resigned" from his job yesterday and he got a fair amount of coverage on the Philly news. I guarantee you it is mentioned again at least once this week. My question is do those bother you too? Or are you just bothered by this because you like Richards?

If it was discovered Eric Lindros had a pill problem and, like Richards, passed out I guarantee you that would be a least two stories written about it. Hell, I've got an even better example. McNabb just "resigned" from his job yesterday and he got a fair amount of coverage on the Philly news. I guarantee you it is mentioned again at least once this week. My question is do those bother you too? Or are you just bothered by this because you like Richards?

I would expect it to be news but quite frankly a child could see that Carchidi has had a vendetta against Richards for years.

Funnily enough, you didn't see the Daily News doing the same thing, hence my point that with Sam Carchidi it seems personal, essentially because he is still butthurt over the fact that Richards (and several others) thought he was a buffoon and made it obvious.

As an example, here's the coverage of when John LeClair plead guilty to DUI, which is something that has the potential to hurt a lot more people.

http://articles.philly.com/2007-11-14/sports/25224534_1_thrashers-vermont-ilya-kovalchuk

I hold no great candle for Mike and personally think that he has pissed away a golden career but equally I think he needs the chance to get his life straightened out and see if he can resurrect it without Carchidi harping from the sidelines.

I would expect it to be news but quite frankly a child could see that Carchidi has had a vendetta against Richards for years.

Funnily enough, you didn't see the Daily News doing the same thing, hence my point that with Sam Carchidi it seems personal, essentially because he is still butthurt over the fact that Richards (and several others) thought he was a buffoon and made it obvious.

As an example, here's the coverage of when John LeClair plead guilty to DUI, which is something that has the potential to hurt a lot more people.

http://articles.philly.com/2007-11-14/sports/25224534_1_thrashers-vermont-ilya-kovalchuk

I hold no great candle for Mike and personally think that he has pissed away a golden career but equally I think he needs the chance to get his life straightened out and see if he can resurrect it without Carchidi harping from the sidelines.

Carchidi has nothing to do with whether or not he is able  to turn his life around. He could write an article about Richards every single day for  the rest of his career and he would have no effect on Richards whatsoever.

I don't think two articles in two days is a lot.  I don't think  he likes Richards, I agree, but I don't see this as overkill. Personally,  I think the reason LeClair's issue wasn't a bigger deal is because he's long retired, and Richards is not, AND Richards had those problems when he played here, and the LeClair did not.

Archived