Is Bernier Finished in Toronto?

WordsOfWisdom

After playing just 2 games in the AHL, Bernier has the 5th most shutouts in the entire league.  :blink[1]:

I must say, Reimer is really blowing his chance here to be the #1 guy with these poorly timed injuries. He should have been in net piling up Ws the past week or two. Instead, (and you can already see where this is going)..... Bernier is going to be the #1 guy again the nanosecond he comes back. Reimer will have pissed away another opportunity to be #1.  :o

I agree WOW, but why send Bernier down "for a conditioning stint" if you are not intending to bring him back? It looks to me like they plan to give him another chance. Why not just put him on waivers in the first place?

Right now, Sparks has the net as far as I'm concerned; and Reimer is a good back up for him. Bernier belongs in the AHL. The only "conditioning" Bernier needs is between the ears. Or maybe he wants out of TO?? 

I agree WOW, but why send Bernier down "for a conditioning stint" if you are not intending to bring him back? It looks to me like they plan to give him another chance. Why not just put him on waivers in the first place?

Right now, Sparks has the net as far as I'm concerned; and Reimer is a good back up for him. Bernier belongs in the AHL. The only "conditioning" Bernier needs is between the ears. Or maybe he wants out of TO?? 

I think Reimer is making a case for being a true #1 goalie. I still want to see a larger sample size, but I think they should be putting Reimer in there every game to see if this is for real or not. 

I think Reimer is making a case for being a true #1 goalie. I still want to see a larger sample size, but I think they should be putting Reimer in there every game to see if this is for real or not. 

It's worth considering at the very least, WOW...

The rash of injuries is a concern though.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow I was just watching hockey central and the talk was about Bernier.  In last nights game I guess after the second period only one Leaf player came back to support Bernier after he gives up 3 unanswered goals to give the Islanders a 6 - 2 lead.  The Leafs made a goalie change to Reimer for the 3rd. 

Looks like the team has given up on him.

Archived