Leafs to start Corrado Tuesday

BluPuk

Looks like defenceman Frank Corrado is going to get a shot on Tuesday after sitting out 20 games as a healthy scratch. This kind of thing really makes me scratch my head. Why claim the guy off of waivers and then not play him?

On an even stranger note, there is a possibilty they will put Bernier back in goal on Tuesday ( I doubt it, but he will be done his "conditioning" stint by then). 

If I were running this team, he would be up for sale to the lowest highest bidder and good riddance. Yep, I hope I'm wrong too..... ;)

Looks like defenceman Frank Corrado is going to get a shot on Tuesday after sitting out 20 games as a healthy scratch.

Sucks to be him.   :lol:

On an even stranger note, there is a possibilty they will put Bernier back in goal on Tuesday

At least before he gets traded to Montreal...  :ph34r:

Saturday was sooooooooo boring. No Leafs game. I hate bye weeks already! 

Seriously, so what do we do with Bernier now? He's had his little stint in the AHL and comes back no better than he was before he went down. Same old Johnathan. I say put him on waivers.

As far as Corrado goes, we already have enough offensive defensemen. We already have 2 who are better than he is. They should try to trade hime for futures maybe.

What really worries me, is there seemsto be something amiss in Leafs land for sure. I think it's possible that Babcock is being forced to play people he doesn't want to play. I sure hope I'm wrong.... :thumbsd:

Seriously, so what do we do with Bernier now? He's had his little stint in the AHL and comes back no better than he was before he went down. Same old Johnathan. I say put him on waivers.

To be fair, he didn't have any help in that game. He might benefit from playing on a team that is much tighter defensively. In fact, I can think of one such team off the top of my head... :ph34r:   (The look on everyone's face: :rolleyes: )  Alright! Alright! 

I'm thinking we've reached the point where it's either going to be Reimer and Sparks going forward or Bernier and Sparks. One of the "big two" is going to be traded or released as the team is clearly ready to try new faces.

(Love the new avatar.)  :)

He's (my avatar) just temporary 'til after the holidays..... I have one hanging on my tree. He represents the spirit of giving that our guys like to show on the ice on occasion.  :angry:  :cool[1]:

I agree Bernier didn't have much help in that game, but IMHO, 3 of those were stoppable even so. So now poor Sparks gets the Sharks...... What a poet, eh??  :P  :lol:

good grief....

He's (my avatar) just temporary 'til after the holidays..... I have one hanging on my tree. He represents the spirit of giving that our guys like to show on the ice on occasion.  :angry:  :cool[1]:

I agree Bernier didn't have much help in that game, but IMHO, 3 of those were stoppable even so. So now poor Sparks gets the Sharks...... What a poet, eh??  :P  :lol:

good grief....

One more good game from Sparks and I'd expect to hear an announcement / trade coming.  At this point, if what you say is true (that Sparks will start) then I think it's 99% that Bernier is done as a Maple Leaf. The team has given him every opportunity to be an NHL starter. He started off well, but has declined in each successive season as a Leaf. It's at the point now where he's a clear liability in goal. He might be the weakest goalie in the NHL, and it doesn't look like he's going to get his game back at this point. Time to move on....   :)

@WordsOfWisdom  He was a goalie in the 80's for the Detroit Red WIngs, never amounted to much, but was half decent anyways. He was on the 1981 Sherbrooke squad. They won the QHL that year, and I went to the Memorial Cup which was in Windsor that year. The big star and kid who won it all was Dale Hawerchuck from Cornwall. His linemate was Scott Arniel. Also in that tourny, was the WHL champs from Victoria, who had none other than a very young Grant Fuhr in net. Cornwall dominated the whole thing, with Hawerhuck winning the MVP.

@WordsOfWisdom  He was a goalie in the 80's for the Detroit Red WIngs, never amounted to much, but was half decent anyways. He was on the 1981 Sherbrooke squad. They won the QHL that year, and I went to the Memorial Cup which was in Windsor that year. The big star and kid who won it all was Dale Hawerchuck from Cornwall. His linemate was Scott Arniel. Also in that tourny, was the WHL champs from Victoria, who had none other than a very young Grant Fuhr in net. Cornwall dominated the whole thing, with Hawerhuck winning the MVP.

Is he available to play right now? We could use him. :ph34r:

I really think the team should be moving forward with Sparks. Reimer can't stay healthy and Bernier can't stop pucks. Why bring in Emery? He's not an NHL calibre goalie.  :(

Sparks is injured, not expected to be back until after Christmas.

Why not give Emery a go. He couldn't be worse than some of the other "goalies" we've had over the last few seasons - could he??

I figure if they're going to get a guy like Emery, they might as well just play Bernier. There's no upside to Emery. It's just more of the same.

But I'm not concerned about it. Nothing they do will make any difference for this season. The season is already lost.  :mellow:

I figure if they're going to get a guy like Emery, they might as well just play Bernier. There's no upside to Emery. It's just more of the same.

But I'm not concerned about it. Nothing they do will make any difference for this season. The season is already lost.  :mellow:

I can only hope that you are wrong there, WOW. I don't expect a win tonight (playing L.A.) but this team is good enough to finish up around 24th to 25th. I am really concerned that if they draft a "star", he will become the team. I don't want that - that's why I never liked Sundin - he was all we had. The only way to win a cup is with a TEAM not just a bunch of players - ask Edmonton....

Archived