Leafs to start Corrado Tuesday

BluPuk

I can only hope that you are wrong there, WOW. I don't expect a win tonight (playing L.A.) but this team is good enough to finish up around 24th to 25th. I am really concerned that if they draft a "star", he will become the team. I don't want that - that's why I never liked Sundin - he was all we had. The only way to win a cup is with a TEAM not just a bunch of players - ask Edmonton....

But if you're going to miss the playoffs anyway, you should aim for the bottom and get the #1 pick. That's style.  :cool[1]:

If you look back at the Mats Sundin era in Toronto, this is what happened:

• The Leafs would overpay to acquire aging veterans to compliment Sundin. 
  • The Leafs would trade away most of their draft picks (that would become superstars elsewhere).
  • The Leafs would keep the draft picks that never developed into anything noteworthy. 

The Oilers are the only team in the NHL to "bottom out" and never bounce back with #1 draft picks. Everyone else that did it went on to win the Stanley Cup less than five years later. The model is good but the Oilers just suck that badly. (The Oilers and Leafs are the only two franchises that could play in a Stanley Cup final and have the series end in a draw. ie: Influenza outbreak, lockout, etc.)  :D  :(

Archived