Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
flyercanuck

The Most Wonderful Time of Year (WJHC)

Well, at least ONE team decided to show up for the bronze...congrats US.

The US Olympic team could take a few pointers from their Junior team when it comes to the bronze medal game, apparently.

What a great gold medal game so far...3-3 going into OT, Russia ties it with 6.9 seconds left. Provorov with 2 primary assists including the tying goal. 

• Like 1

And Kapanen with the OT winner!

Awesome game!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

And Kapanen with the OT winner!

Awesome game!

I know Marner had a poor tournament, but between him, Nylander, and Kapanen, with Babcock to get the kid's head on straight, and 3 first round picks over the next two years, future has to look pretty good for Tronno.

56 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I know Marner had a poor tournament, but between him, Nylander, and Kapanen, with Babcock to get the kid's head on straight, and 3 first round picks over the next two years, future has to look pretty good for Tronno.

Marner has awesome talent...but right now he's like a 15 year old in his physical development. I laughed when he won a shaver for player of the game...he won't need it for years. Once he matures that way though he should be a heck of a player. Kapanen scored the big goal but really wasn't much of a factor most of the tournament....though he was more visible today even without the goal. Nylander clearly has blue chip talent. 

It's one of the reasons I want Philly to pick high again and hopefully get another 1st. By the time it's our turn to be good, we'll be battling teams like the Sabres/Leafs/Oilers who are loaded with great young players.

Just got done watching. Was actually moved to tears with the raw emotion in that arena when they started the Finnish National anthem.. What a great thing for our sport, to have the much deserving Fins win Gold on home ice. How very odd....and how cyclical....the last time the Fins won Gold was for the very first international game in this arena, back when Joki Jokkinen was a top 3 pick....ALSO...the last time the Fins and Russia have met,....and also the last time Canada was knocked out in the Quarters. A very memoralbe tourny, despite Canada falling so short. Our great game is in great hands with this wicked wave of talent coming forward.

Just seeing Laine is ranked 3rd in a lot of mocks....with good reason. This kid picked the puck out of mid air, knocked it down flat, flying at full speed and sends a rocket towards the net all in a half a second....tremendous eye hand coordination. Did not know Aho was a Canes pick, one to watch. Very sneaky little guy.

14 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Provorov with 2 primary assists including the tying goal.

From what I have read....sounds like he had an awesome tournament.  I really cannot wait to see him in O&B and watching this kid grow into a Bona-fide star.

He is gonna be fun to watch!

10 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Just got done watching. Was actually moved to tears with the raw emotion in that arena when they started the Finnish National anthem.. What a great thing for our sport, to have the much deserving Fins win Gold on home ice. How very odd....and how cyclical....the last time the Fins won Gold was for the very first international game in this arena, back when Joki Jokkinen was a top 3 pick....ALSO...the last time the Fins and Russia have met,....and also the last time Canada was knocked out in the Quarters. A very memoralbe tourny, despite Canada falling so short. Our great game is in great hands with this wicked wave of talent coming forward.

Just seeing Laine is ranked 3rd in a lot of mocks....with good reason. This kid picked the puck out of mid air, knocked it down flat, flying at full speed and sends a rocket towards the net all in a half a second....tremendous eye hand coordination. Did not know Aho was a Canes pick, one to watch. Very sneaky little guy.

The first time the Fins won was in that rink. They won 2 years ago. This was their 4th, giving them the 3rd most of any country. Not bad for 5 million people.

5 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

From what I have read....sounds like he had an awesome tournament.  I really cannot wait to see him in O&B and watching this kid grow into a Bona-fide star.

He is gonna be fun to watch!

I think he was the best defenceman in the tournament. Of course I'm including defence as part of it. 

Defencemen scoring leaders...these stats do not include yesterday game.  So that would give Provorov 1 G, 10 A for 11 pts.  Me likey! :)

That is what is wrong with my damn Flyers..............they are Finnless!!!!:biggrin:

Need to fix that is this upcoming draft!!!