News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

jammer2

Official Team Canada WJC thread.....

Very nervous, this is a HUGE game against the powerhouse Americans today.

Predictions for today??

I have Team Canada 4 USA 3 in overtime. Crouse gets the game winner 2 mins into OT.

@jammer2

ha, jammer - I'm watching the pre-game on the NHL channel here in the USA and it all about team Canada as the broadcast is with TSN.

my daugher says to me why aren't they covering Team USA?

@hf101   Yeah, unfortunately for you USA fans, if the broadcast is coming from TSN, they will have a lot of decidedly Canadian content. I was shocked that Perlini made the Canadians final roster, I thought he was a canidate to get edged out. The Americans are so talented, hard to single out any one player, but I expect Brandon Carlo  to have a huge tourny for USA. I think he's gonna contribute some offense as well as outstanding play in his own end.

@jammer2  

We now have USA coverage as the game is about ready to start.

ah, very nice. Are you a little worried that this game is the very first game that Ron Wilson has coached in 4 years?  Seems to me, he was an odd choice to begin with, but being inactive for so long, the pick is even more baffling.

ah, very nice. Are you a little worried that this game is the very first game that Ron Wilson has coached in 4 years?  Seems to me, he was an odd choice to begin with, but being inactive for so long, the pick is even more baffling.

Agree, I guess we will see if it was the right choice or not.

- as we mentioned in game chat - he sure has aged.

You can see the obvious talent in Barzel, but his timing seemed a bit off in the 1st....he looks like he may play a factor as this game goes further.

Anyone notice some of the VERY odd bounces with the puck in this Finnish rink?   Team Canada will have to be ready if and when this pops up again.

@jammer2

ha, jammer - I'm watching the pre-game on the NHL channel here in the USA and it all about team Canada as the broadcast is with TSN.

my daugher says to me why aren't they covering Team USA?

Hard to cheer for USA with Flyers picks (#17) Konecny and (23) Sanheim on CAN.

haha my 8 year old just asked me why I'm rooting for Canada

Konecny just took a nice spear to the gut....

I'm expecting a knock at the door any second now....

That would be homeland. Your anti-American stance has been duly noted.  :P

• Like 2

You can see the obvious talent in Barzel, but his timing seemed a bit off in the 1st....he looks like he may play a factor as this game goes further.

HA....and Barzel promptly scores the first goal of the tourny for Canada....a little prophetic pat on the back for jammer2!

Man oh man, Islanders adding Da Colle AND Barzel in the coming year.....geez, their offense just got a whole lot better. Kinda makes you wonder if Bailey or another under performing forward might be available at the trade deadline, huh?

Just an excellent game by both teams. Hope we get to do it again.  :cool[1]:

@BluPuk   It was close, could have gone either way, but the Americans deserved to win this battle. Not faulting the goalie, but getting Blackwood back will be a big moral up lift for this team.

• Like 1