Official Team Canada WJC thread.....

jammer2

@hf101   Yeah, unfortunately for you USA fans, if the broadcast is coming from TSN, they will have a lot of decidedly Canadian content. I was shocked that Perlini made the Canadians final roster, I thought he was a canidate to get edged out. The Americans are so talented, hard to single out any one player, but I expect Brandon Carlo  to have a huge tourny for USA. I think he's gonna contribute some offense as well as outstanding play in his own end.

@jammer2  

We now have USA coverage as the game is about ready to start.

ah, very nice. Are you a little worried that this game is the very first game that Ron Wilson has coached in 4 years?  Seems to me, he was an odd choice to begin with, but being inactive for so long, the pick is even more baffling.

ah, very nice. Are you a little worried that this game is the very first game that Ron Wilson has coached in 4 years?  Seems to me, he was an odd choice to begin with, but being inactive for so long, the pick is even more baffling.

Agree, I guess we will see if it was the right choice or not.

- as we mentioned in game chat - he sure has aged.

You can see the obvious talent in Barzel, but his timing seemed a bit off in the 1st....he looks like he may play a factor as this game goes further.

Anyone notice some of the VERY odd bounces with the puck in this Finnish rink?   Team Canada will have to be ready if and when this pops up again.

@jammer2

ha, jammer - I'm watching the pre-game on the NHL channel here in the USA and it all about team Canada as the broadcast is with TSN.

my daugher says to me why aren't they covering Team USA?

Hard to cheer for USA with Flyers picks (#17) Konecny and (23) Sanheim on CAN.

haha my 8 year old just asked me why I'm rooting for Canada

Konecny just took a nice spear to the gut....

You can see the obvious talent in Barzel, but his timing seemed a bit off in the 1st....he looks like he may play a factor as this game goes further.

HA....and Barzel promptly scores the first goal of the tourny for Canada....a little prophetic pat on the back for jammer2!

Man oh man, Islanders adding Da Colle AND Barzel in the coming year.....geez, their offense just got a whole lot better. Kinda makes you wonder if Bailey or another under performing forward might be available at the trade deadline, huh?

Archived