Schevhnitkov Wings 1st rounder

jammer2

I bow in reverence to the Wings scouting staff. This Schevnitkov is a STUD. An absolute super star. How in the HOLY #&%)(&_ Hell was this kid available at #19....this Russian has top 3 talent. Once again, the Wings scouts prove why they are the best. If any Wings fans have watched this WJC, you must be THRILLED at his play....WOW, I'm speechless at how very great this kid is. WOW.

1 minute ago, AJgoal said:

Because the Bruins had three picks?

Yes, have to agree 100%...the Bruins messed up so badly, they actually might have shifted the balance of power in the NHL. Lot's of other teams missed on this kid also, but when you have back, to back, to back....and you don't take this kid, that is just brutal. Once again, the Wings scouts sniff out what everyone else missed...just like they did with the Dylan Larkin pick.

Passed on White, whom I thought looked good for the US, Barzal... Bruins could have knocked it out of the park. Their guys could still turn out to be good, but man did they reach on a couple...

Yes, the Bruins could have easily have gotten 2 of these 3 players in the 2nd or even the 3rd round. Kinda reminded me of a Andy Reid move, thinking you are the smartest man in the draft room. Of course, the smart play is just pray those guys are there in the second and take Barzal, maybe Whtie and this Russian kid. They could have set up the Bruins for a decade to come. Will be interesting to see how this all comes out in the wash.

13 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I bow in reverence to the Wings scouting staff. This Schevnitkov is a STUD. An absolute super star. How in the HOLY #&%)(&_ Hell was this kid available at #19....this Russian has top 3 talent. Once again, the Wings scouts prove why they are the best. If any Wings fans have watched this WJC, you must be THRILLED at his play....WOW, I'm speechless at how very great this kid is. WOW.

hmm, guess different people have different perspectives... I was underwhelmed by his play. I knew the name so i kept an eye on him... (was definately more obsessed with Provy and Fazleev).  He had zero points and was -3 for the tourney. I thought his skating was lame for a Wing prospect. 

Sure you weren't watching Svetlakov?

edit: in fairness it's a short tournament and I only saw 3 Russian games...same with the US and Mathews didn't do a ton in those games, yet ended up 4th in scoring.

On 2016-01-06 at 9:50 AM, flyercanuck said:

hmm, guess different people have different perspectives... I was underwhelmed by his play. I knew the name so i kept an eye on him... (was definately more obsessed with Provy and Fazleev).  He had zero points and was -3 for the tourney. I thought his skating was lame for a Wing prospect. 

Sure you weren't watching Svetlakov?

edit: in fairness it's a short tournament and I only saw 3 Russian games...same with the US and Mathews didn't do a ton in those games, yet ended up 4th in scoring.

Ha....I think yoiu are right, I think I got the Russian names mixed up, cause the guy I was talking about scored in Gold Medal game, never was good with these Russian names. They all sound alike, the S and T and ov at the end messed me up....my bad. I think the guy I was talking about is undrafted. The guy I was talking about also went through the whole Finnish team short handed and rang one off the post on the pk.

I was not impressed with the pick, I was hoping the Wings would trade down and draft Brandon Carlo, a big stay at home d-man who I have been quite impressed with. Schevhnitkov has a goal scorers touch but we have those, I thought the Wings needed a d-man more.

Archived