Game #46 - Bruins at Flyers - Jan 25 2016 - 7:00 ET

brelic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He would have looked a lot better if Bumberger wasn't on his line....;)

In all seriousness, I think he showed some speed and created some offense. I would like to see him with someone other than Laughton and Bumberger.

10 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

if there isn't a shooting lane...why shoot.

See there have been several lanes and of course they are not going to stay open for long...the problem is he won't take a damn shot he'd rather pass the damn puck.

20 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Missed the game....can someone give an opinion on how Weal looked?

I wrote this after watching him . 

I wonder if Weal will calm down ?

he sorta kinda made plays while I was watching but he didn't appear to have very good hands, that could have been nerves. he is a huge step down from 14 on the 2nd PP.  He can skate but so can Zac Rinaldo .

For me, I saw why he wasn't rushed into the line up...I thought he looked bottom 6, can skate, didn't handle the puck well, Got slaughtered along the wall several times...I wasn't impressed, I didn't think playing with Umberger impacted him negatively, so there is that.  He strikes me as a depth guy that may chip in with some scoring at some point, He reminded me of a slower Eric Wellwood. 

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

He reminded me of a slower Eric Wellwood. 

Poor Welly. Sad that we never saw what he mighta become.

It's a good comparison. In fairness to Weal, everyone is slower than Wellwood. That guy could fly. Closest I've seen is that Haula kid in Minny, Fiala, the Preds 1st rounder from 2014, and maybe Ehlers. I think Weal has better hands, sounds a bit like nerves and not havign touched the puck in game situation in recent memory.

That's why you need a bigger sample. But I thought that's what this dog's breakfast of a season was for? See what you got, what you want to keep, and what you want to jettison. Playing Weal (and others) is part and parcel of that, so he should play, as should Alt, as should Straka maybe or whatever. Instead, coach is playing Uselessberger, which just mystifies. 

Archived