Thornton hits 1300 Milestone

J0e Th0rnton

I made a topic last night and it must have glitched out or something lol.

But yeah, 1300 points. In the low scoring era after 2 lockouts, amazing. likely would be #2 in assists all time if he played in the 80's and top 5 all time in points.

As it stands he has a very good chance to make top 10 in Assists and top 20 in points all time.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Jumbo gets a lot of flack for his teams underachievements but he's just under a ppg player in regular season and playoffs. One of the best setup men of his era. 

Its kind of annoying his luck. On years he had a good playoff run, his teammates on other lines played like crap but he gets the blame. In the years he has an off year and a bad performance is usually when another teammate has a good year, and he gets the blame lol.

38 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

It's amazing how little respect/attention he gets around the league for being one of the best ever.

Maybe his team will win it all this year.  :)

I hope so. Lately I see a complete buy in for the entire team with Deboer's zone focus and possession. The team is night and day. Vlasic is on pace for like 45 points. Hertl is breaking out. Cooter is back and looking great! Thornton/Pavelski are themselves!

Except Burns. Burns is Burns and you have to turn him loose to be a rover to use his full potential. But given he is on pace for 30 goals and 70+ points, he is allowed lol. I still hate seeing him in the defensive zone at times. He stands and watches the play sometimes in the way I watch the game on my TV, only with less movement.

Just now, J0e Th0rnton said:

I hope so. Lately I see a complete buy in for the entire team with Deboer's zone focus and possession. The team is night and day. Vlasic is on pace for like 45 points. Hertl is breaking out. Cooter is back and looking great! Thornton/Pavelski are themselves!

Except Burns. Burns is Burns and you have to turn him loose to be a rover to use his full potential. But given he is on pace for 30 goals and 70+ points, he is allowed lol. I still hate seeing him in the defensive zone at times. He stands and watches the play sometimes in the way I watch the game on my TV, only with less movement.

LOL. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived