Canadian TV audience way down..

BluPuk

12 minutes ago, BluPuk said:

Because there are no Canadian based teams in the NHL playoffs the TV audience is down 61%.    Wow.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/playoff-tv-ratings-down-a-shocking-61-percent-in-canada/

I couldn't find any listing for thr U.S.A.

I'll tell you why this is a good thing......

For years Gary Buttsauce has taken it for granted that Canadian viewers will happily watch anything while American viewers are more selective in that they will only watch their own team or two US based teams playing against another. That has been his motivation for getting as many franchises south of the border as possible. However, that strategy fails when the Canadian audience starts tuning out. 

This may be the first time that every Canadian based team has missed the playoffs, but it isn't the first time that the Canadian based teams have sucked. On any given year, there are typically three Canadian teams in the playoffs... and all three of them are usually wiped out in round one. The only way a Canadian team gets into the second round is if they play a Canadian team in the first round. 

Given the abysmal track record of the teams up here, which spans multiple decades now, these TV ratings are a sign that even Canadian viewers have their limits -- and that's good because it's the only way for change to happen. If Canadians kept tuning in like before, they would keep getting the same results: lousy on-ice products. This forces the teams up here to play better. It holds them to a higher standard. :)

2 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I'll tell you why this is a good thing......

For years Gary Buttsauce has taken it for granted that Canadian viewers will happily watch anything while American viewers are more selective in that they will only watch their own team or two US based teams playing against another. That has been his motivation for getting as many franchises south of the border as possible. However, that strategy fails when the Canadian audience starts tuning out. 

This may be the first time that every Canadian based team has missed the playoffs, but it isn't the first time that the Canadian based teams have sucked. On any given year, there are typically three Canadian teams in the playoffs... and all three of them are usually wiped out in round one. The only way a Canadian team gets into the second round is if they play a Canadian team in the first round. 

Given the abysmal track record of the teams up here, which spans multiple decades now, these TV ratings are a sign that even Canadian viewers have their limits -- and that's good because it's the only way for change to happen. If Canadians kept tuning in like before, they would keep getting the same results: lousy on-ice products. This forces the teams up here to play better. It holds them to a higher standard. :)

That is why Buttman has implemented his plan to keep all the top talent picks in Canada. 5 of the last 7 have gone to Canada....:ph34r:

....before i get a barrage of messages back i was just joking...

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

That is why Buttman has implemented his plan to keep all the top talent picks in Canada. 5 of the last 7 have gone to Canada....:ph34r:

....before i get a barrage of messages back i was just joking...

:canada: :5726ba494575b_showingguns: :CelebratingSmiley:

Archived